rear interior light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear interior light

rear interior boot switch where is it? Light comes on if you use switch on roof, but wont work when open tailgate.
    ANTZ

I think it senses the lock somehow, same as the electric rear window, have you checked inside the light itself, as mine was broken inside there and I suspect thats easier to check first than the door switch.
    Darren

Comment

Yes it is switched from the rear lock sensors (Switches). I suspect that you would have problems with the rear window if the sensors are dodgy so I woulld check the switch in the light itself.

Rich.

This may help
      If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by anthony whatford
        rear interior boot switch where is it? Light comes on if you use switch on roof, but wont work when open tailgate.

It's probably the switch position on the light has a bit of dirt under it. Switch the switch back and forward a few times. It was like that on mine.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by anthony whatford
          Had the same problem. Played with a meter for a while and figured out it was the switch in the lock. The lock on mine couldn't be dismantled unfortunately but a very heavy dose of WD-40 and opening and closing of the door made it work. I only had one lock to worry about tho (3rd gen).

Comment

thanks everyone, wd40 here we come
            ANTZ

Comment

Similar fault

Hi

I have had a similar fault, my switch stays on so with the light in the door position I ran the batteries flat while working away. Cost me an RAC life to get back on the road and £140 to replace the batteries before I found the light was staying on when it got dark!

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X