dashboard lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dashboard lights

does anybody know which lights are meant to come on when you turn the key and which lights are not ment to be on?

no lights stay on when i start the truck but the "t-belt" light comes on when i turn the key a couple of clicks. my other surf the "t=belt" light doesnt come on?

is the t=belt light on my other surf nackerd and thats why it doesnt come on? or is the surf with the t-belt light that comes on needs looking at?!

Hi mate

I get:
    glow plug preheat
    a fluid-type warning
    handbrake
    A/T temp
    T-belt warning
    Charging (battery)

I had a prob with my dash lights a couple of weeks ago. When I turned the ignition on I only got the glow plug light. Shorted out the diagnostic pins in the engine bay, turned the key and they all came back normally.

I did find that one of my bulbs (handbrake warning) was missing though.
    And some that smile have in their hearts, I fear, millions of mischiefs

Comment

Originally posted by rainmaker View Post
      Hi mate

Shorted out the diagnostic pins in the engine bay, turned the key and they all came back normally.

how did you do that?

Comment

I used a piece of wire about 3" long with a terminal on each end, though you just use a stiff, single core wire instead.
        Look in the lid of the diagnostic socket (next to fuses in engine bay in mine) and connect/short pins TE1 and E1. Check that on here with a search but I'm pretty sure they're right ones.
        And some that smile have in their hearts, I fear, millions of mischiefs

Comment

Working...
        X