Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternator Wiring

Hi All,

My alternator stopped charging, so i fitted a sec hand one and it was charging ok but no ign lite, after 2wks this one stopped charging, i've had a new regulater fitted to the first alternator but if i fit it, that will blow again, i'm thinking about wiring it independently. This is where i need some help. i have a 3 wire socket from the alternator, white, Red, Blue-yellow.
    Have I Got This right.
    WHITE= sensor wire to BATT
    RED===Ignition feed (Ign switch)
    Bl.Yellow=Warning lite.

Any help on this will be much appreiciated
    drpete

Originally posted by drpete View Post
    Hi All,

My alternator stopped charging, so i fitted a sec hand one and it was charging ok but no ign lite, after 2wks this one stopped charging, i've had a new regulater fitted to the first alternator but if i fit it, that will blow again,
    How do you know the new regulator will blow?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      How do you know the new regulator will blow?
      Hi Albannach,

Having 2 alternators blow on me, makes me think theres a problem with the wiring, and the wiring is a mess under the bonett. I am going to try and check the charging wiring system tomorrow, but i think a independent rewire will be easier.

Regards
      drpete

Comment

If, (and that is only an if, as you could have suffered from bad luck alone), there is a wiring fault, you should sort the fault. The alternator and batteries aren't the only things connected to the charging circuit.

Comment

Working...
        X