Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4

Hi
    i have just got my 1995 ssr-x back from the garage and was told they did every check they could to get the 4 wheel drive to work with no success, they did say that mechanically the diff was engaging and it was an electrical fault, does anyone know if it can be fixed and if so where??

If it's mechanically engaging, it's working? The electrics and pneumatics only move the mechanical gubbins. What makes you think it's not working?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

4x4

i checked with mechanic again he said when you press the 4x4 button on the gear stick the transfer case is engaged but the front diff is not engaging and does not drive the front wheels. does this make more sense??

Comment

Originally posted by rcs1863 View Post
        i checked with mechanic again he said when you press the 4x4 button on the gear stick the transfer case is engaged but the front diff is not engaging and does not drive the front wheels. does this make more sense??
        Aye, so it's not going into 4wd then? Check the vacuum system and the 2 little VSVs in the driver's side inner wing as a starting point.

These front diffs not engaging are a relatively common fault, have you had a search for the fault?

Comment

the mechanic tells me the exhaust had a big hole in it and where it was blowing next to the silencer it had burnt into the wiring loom which he has just redplaced all the wiring and sugested that when the loom was burnt it may have shorted a relay or solenoid or something else.
          also there is no 4x4 light on the dash does any of this help or make more sense
          regards

Comment

Originally posted by rcs1863 View Post
            the mechanic tells me the exhaust had a big hole in it and where it was blowing next to the silencer it had burnt into the wiring loom which he has just redplaced all the wiring and sugested that when the loom was burnt it may have shorted a relay or solenoid or something else.
            also there is no 4x4 light on the dash does any of this help or make more sense
            regards
            The 4wd light won't come on until the truck is in 4wd. Check the things I mentioned in my previous post and have a search for ADD not engaging.

Comment

can you tell me what and where the ADD is?

Comment

It's the front diff.

Comment

ok thank you. i will get the mechanic to try all you have suggested,thank you for your help

Comment

http://toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/do...0disconect.pdf

Comment

Maybe the burnt wiring has caused a fault with the 4WD ECU.

I replied to this thread to keep things simple, no point in starting another one on the same subject.

Comment

Hello!

Comment

I have been to another garage since last reply and they cannot find where thev fault is, i am going to ring a man called tony today in basingstoke who i am told will be able to solve problem

Comment

Working...
                          X