Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window !!

Its rear window time again !!

I have searched the forum for the rear window problems, and am not competant enough to change my relays, so whilst I save up for a new box, has anyone successfully re-wired their rear window, avoiding the magic box, and fitted a switch? ( tastefully done !! )

getting fed up driving around with a battery and set of jump leads in the back, for the times I need to open the rear window.

Cheers

Mark

rear window

Hi try tracing the wire from the motor to the relay & coming out of the relay and bridge them across, then your original switch should still do the job.BUT DONT FORGET TO TAKE YOUR FINGER OFF THE BUTTON WHEN ITS UP OR DOWN
    Last edited by Hilux; 26 May 2004, 21:02.
    Live Life To The Full

Comment

Thanks Bob

Not sure exactly which wires to connect............motor power supply, and the one from the front switch?

I may try that, does anyone know what colour the power supply is to the relay box?,

Cheers

Mark

now wouldn't a upward opening tailgate be a good idea ! I may design one yet!

Comment

tailgate

Hi Mark the 3rd gen has a upward lifting rear tail gate.

And still has the slide down window.
        Last edited by Hilux; 27 May 2004, 09:48. Reason: more info
        Live Life To The Full

Comment

Rear Window-replace solid state relays

G'day,
          I Have had my 1992 hilux surf for 6 years now and encountered this prob numerous times. At the rear panel, on the passengers side the rear window control module is behind the plastic !!!!e there. You can hear the solid-state relays clicking in and out when operating the switch from the centre console. The problem that I have had has been it wont come down. I removed this control module from the rear and just replaced all the small black Omron solid state relays, they cost $2.00 each from radio spares here in Australia. It's hit and miss but this did definately fix the problem, I think these relays can't handle the current produced and eventually you get a bad contact within the relay. It was about a year ago I replaced these and it is starting to play up again so looks like I will be doing it again soon!!
          Hope this helps
          Cheers
          Brett

Comment

Rear Window Relays

Originally posted by Bretto
            G'day,
            I Have had my 1992 hilux surf for 6 years now and encountered this prob numerous times. At the rear panel, on the passengers side the rear window control module is behind the plastic !!!!e there. You can hear the solid-state relays clicking in and out when operating the switch from the centre console. The problem that I have had has been it wont come down. I removed this control module from the rear and just replaced all the small black Omron solid state relays, they cost $2.00 each from radio spares here in Australia. It's hit and miss but this did definately fix the problem, I think these relays can't handle the current produced and eventually you get a bad contact within the relay. It was about a year ago I replaced these and it is starting to play up again so looks like I will be doing it again soon!!
            Hope this helps
            Cheers
            Brett
            Hi Brett.
            Here I am on the Gold Coast in Queensland, searching for information in the UK and you are here in Australia and have done it already. Could you give me some information about which relay on the board I need to replace and with what? Do you need a wiring diagram?
            I am at "mwhobie@aol.com"

Thankyou.

Comment

Working...
            X