Rear speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear speakers

I would like to replace my rear speakers but I'm baffled how to get at them, surely I don't have to take out all of the trim in the back.
    Is there an easier way?
    [COLOR=yellow]Ditch[/COLOR]
    3.0 L SSRX Ltd Manual 1994 (MINE)
    2.4 L SSRX 1993 Manual (hers)

Originally posted by Ditch
    I would like to replace my rear speakers but I'm baffled how to get at them, surely I don't have to take out all of the trim in the back.
    Is there an easier way?
    Oh yes you do. It's not easy either and you need to be very careful to not break any clips.

have a look at this site

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/rear_trim.htm

Cheers

Comment

Is there an easier way?

Oh yes you do, it aint that bad.
      Remove strip along boot floor and rear coat hanger things, I think theres a couple of screws in the corners. Then gently pull it off, it has those push in type things guarenteed to break a couple.
      Last edited by Koi; 25 September 2003, 21:49.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Hi,

let us know how you get on and what speakers you use.
        I want to fit a new CD player in the dash soon ( the Japanese rad can only get Radio 2 ) and no doubt the speakers wont handle the better quality sound. (corrections accepted if I am wrong)
        Ian
        One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

I will let you know how I get on when I pluck up the courage to rip her apart !
          [COLOR=yellow]Ditch[/COLOR]
          3.0 L SSRX Ltd Manual 1994 (MINE)
          2.4 L SSRX 1993 Manual (hers)

Comment

I will let you know how I get on when I pluck up the courage to rip her apart !
            It's not that bad to do, just don't start the job an hour before it gets dark.
            It can be a bit of a fiddle getting it all back spot on straight but worth spending time on.
            My speakers are on the showmesomeinfo site. I took out the old ones(in plastic boxes that cause most of the vibration) and cut out the grille to take some 6x9's. If you go to a good audio shop they will sell sound deadening material(dynamat I think it is called). under £20 to do both sides and that will stop the plastic vibrating and distorting the sound. I also dropped an amp into the side locker to drive a sub.

Good luck

Phil.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil H
              It's not that bad to do, just don't start the job an hour before it gets dark.
              It can be a bit of a fiddle getting it all back spot on straight but worth spending time on.
              My speakers are on the showmesomeinfo site. I took out the old ones(in plastic boxes that cause most of the vibration) and cut out the grille to take some 6x9's. If you go to a good audio shop they will sell sound deadening material(dynamat I think it is called). under £20 to do both sides and that will stop the plastic vibrating and distorting the sound. I also dropped an amp into the side locker to drive a sub.

Good luck

Phil.
              go to a car body repairer for unbranded sound proofing! much cheaper!

my speakers are in the rear doors... just whip the doorcard off!!

(3rd gen)
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by icsys
                Hi,

let us know how you get on and what speakers you use.
                I want to fit a new CD player in the dash soon ( the Japanese rad can only get Radio 2 ) and no doubt the speakers wont handle the better quality sound. (corrections accepted if I am wrong)
                When I 1st fitted the JVC CD/Radio/Cassette into my (EX) Surf I had it fixed up to the original Jap speakers and they sounded VERY good.

I changed them over (took me all weekend to get it sorted) and the sound was slightly better, but wished I had left the old ones alone

Would have saved time, money and the loss of blood
                NEVER REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVE DONE...REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVEN'T

Comment

Any idea where you can buy replacement clips and the screw cover thingies for the rear floor trim? A few of mine were missing when I got the car.
                  Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Rear Clips

Originally posted by Linda
                    Any idea where you can buy replacement clips and the screw cover thingies for the rear floor trim? A few of mine were missing when I got the car.
                    Linda
                    Have a look under "General" and "Breaking News".

Get in touch with "Streetluge Chris" and let him know what it is your looking for, I'm sure he will be able to help you

Colin
                    NEVER REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVE DONE...REGRET THE THINGS YOU HAVEN'T

Comment

I'd say the only place to get them is at a Toyota stealership!
                      Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! They're probably £20 each!
                      Derek :
                      1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
                      [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                        linda, have a look round the breakers yards, there will be alot of toyota's that use the same clips
                        [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                        [size=5][/size]
                        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Working...
                        X