Electric Aerial Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Aerial Switch

having recently replaced my electric aerial I figured it would be nice to be add a switch so I could decide if I wanted it up or down (listen to a lot of CD's anyway so aerial could be down)... removed the lower section of dah... found the stereo wires... found the one that says antenna and cut it... voila aerial goes down - problem solved ( or so I thought!). I then realised that the rear speakers and amp stopped working also... so back to square one. I guess my question is... do I need to bridge anything to get the rears to power up again or is the blue to the electric aerial not the correct wire to "switch"?

any help / advise most appreciated.
    cheers

This may help Looks like you need to get deeper into the 'yota wiring as the blue wire from the head unit is normally used to power up amps, etc as you found out.

Rich.
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

orange is electric aerial

blue is auxillary power (amps etc)
      on mine i can see the control box for the aerial behind the dash.
      i had to put a switch in else i can't get in car parks.
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

thanks for the info guys. i pulled the wiring a little harder and discovered that the previous owner had done a little cutting/joining of his own so that's where my problem lay... snipped the culprit, added the switch (nicely hidden) and now I have an aerial on demand!.... lovely

thanks for the help, much appreciated!

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X