• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high power bulbs

hi all
    my surfs got 60/55 w h4 bulbs 'remic spark beam '?? blue tint
    they r very dim
    i've just bought some halfords 'rally ' 130/90 w but i'm a bit scared they'll blow it up lol
    i've read a few threads on here so am i goin back to halfords to swop em ? wot should i have bought ?
    i gues my looms standard ?
    chears
    tom

I use these. Seem ok!

Check your battery connections are all clean, greased and tight too - Just doing that on mine gained an extra .3 volts on the system. Also make sure they're aligned properly.

Rob.

Comment

Er...what? Mine has sealed beam units. Do you both have non-standard headlights fitted (and if so, where do I get them?), or are you talking about your spotlights?

Comment

Originally posted by MadcapMagician View Post
        Er...what? Mine has sealed beam units. Do you both have non-standard headlights fitted (and if so, where do I get them?), or are you talking about your spotlights?
        Your headlamps on your Surf are sealed beam? Are you sure? I suspect you're wrong, but if you're not; you have non standard lights, not us.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Yep I'm talking standard headlights.

Definately take seperate bulbs.

Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            Your headlamps on your Surf are sealed beam? Are you sure? I suspect you're wrong, but if you're not; you have non standard lights, not us.

Hmmm....well, see, one of the headlights stopped working. I pulled into a petrol station to buy a new bulb and was stumped to discover that there was no bulb holder affair sticking out the back of the light, so assumed that it was a sealed beam. I gave it a whack and it started working again. I suppose you're gonna tell me that Surf bulbs get changed from the front of the light...?

Comment

I found that you needed to remove the battery for the side to be done, and the associated bottle, then you can access the bulb holder at the rear of the headlamp.

Trev
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

No, they get changed from the back, but as Trev said, they're a pain in the arse to get to.
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I suppose you're gonna tell me that Surf bulbs get changed from the front of the light...?
                  Have you never noticed the access panel on the front of the unit?

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                    I use these. Seem ok!

Check your battery connections are all clean, greased and tight too - Just doing that on mine gained an extra .3 volts on the system. Also make sure they're aligned properly.

Rob.
                    chears rob
                    swoped them 4 the ones u recomended easy to fit just fiddly i honestly think you've gotta remove the battery to do it but still straight forward :-)

when u say aligned properly do u meen the poss. un the neg leads on the battery s ?? or the head lamp focus pionts ? always sailed thru mot ?

thanx again look forward to testin them
                    Last edited by big tom; 30 July 2009, 23:24.

Comment

Yep quickest way for me is to remove battery and rad tank / washer bottle(depending on side) Like Trev said above ^....

I meant the focus of the lights... If the lights are pointed to the sky then they ain't going to illuminate where you're going..

Rob.

Comment

ok m8 fair point about focus

i think thats ok but i'l try to check

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                          Have you never noticed the access panel on the front of the unit?

Comment

exactly!

big tom, just make an upgraded loom, its well worth it, costs bugger all and takes no time to do. then you can whack in any size bulb in you want, and even your standard bulbs will be brighter coz you will have less voltage drop

Comment

Working...
                            X