Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable Electrical Aerial

Hi

I want to disable the electrical aerial on my Surf. I don't want to remove it but I want to stop it lifting when I turn the radio on for now but would like to leave it intact incase I need to use it again. I have bought myself a DAB aerial which has AM/FM built in so I want to use that aerial rather than the electrical one.

Can anyone advise please?

Thanks

in the wheelarch you need to peel back the plastic liner and just unplug the electric connector and when you want the ariel again just plug back in.
    10 min job max and a smoke in between
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Ain't ya got a button on ya Radio that'll switch it off ??
      Mine has a standby button which when pressed separately retracts or extracts the Ariel !!
      As Stormy said Disconnect altogether or insert a switch in between it, in the Cab somewhere ...
      Good Luck with it !!

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n won't know when tho !!!!
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        in the wheelarch you need to peel back the plastic liner and just unplug the electric connector and when you want the ariel again just plug back in.
        10 min job max and a smoke in between
        Are you talking about a 3rd Gen Surf as mine only has metal underneath the wheel arch?

Thanks

Comment

not so sure on the 3rd gens but the ariel is between the inner wing and outer wing.If you look up inside the wheel arch you should see the ariel if there's no plastic liner there
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            not so sure on the 3rd gens but the ariel is between the inner wing and outer wing.If you look up inside the wheel arch you should see the ariel if there's no plastic liner there
            I've now had a look with the door open and there is a gap where I can see the aerial, is this what you mean? If so i'll take a closer look and see if I can find the plastic bit you are talking about. I presume the plug will be near the bottom?

The other option is to put in a switch which I have heard people mention on here. Can anyone give me an idiots guide to doing that please?

Thanks
            Last edited by carcuscrae; 30 July 2009, 08:04. Reason: Update

Comment

Also has anyone on here fitted a DAB beesting aerial?

Comment

Working...
              X