yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I pick up unswitched power at dash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I pick up unswitched power at dash?

With this warm weather I need to fit a fan to help cool the dogs if I am not in the car. Even with the windows open, a bit of a draught from a fan would help.

The cigar lighter is of course switched. Anyone know of an accessible wire I can piggy-back into just to run this little fan please?

(KZN-185)

Originally posted by fv1620 View Post
    With this warm weather I need to fit a fan to help cool the dogs if I am not in the car. Even with the windows open, a bit of a draught from a fan would help.

The cigar lighter is of course switched. Anyone know of an accessible wire I can piggy-back into just to run this little fan please?

(KZN-185)
    There'll be a permenant live to the radio. Won't be enough to run a fan, but you could use it to energise a relay.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

It's easy enough to run a new wire straight from the battery -There's a grommit just in front of the driver on the bulkhead that you can pop a wire through, then feed behind the centre console. Make sure you fuse it near the battery.

Only problem I can forsee is a flat battery if you forget about it. (I would definitely forget and get a flat )

Rob.

Comment

OK thanks, I was coming to the conclusion it will be easier to put my own feed in. Rather spoilt as on my Land Rover there is a double socket on the dash connected permanently. In fact I think I might do the same here, who knows what other gadgets I might use, I hate these cigar plugs & sockets.

Oh this is my Land Rover:

Comment

I recently bought 3 of these for similar reasons (running laptop, gps, phone charger etc...)

Thought they were better than messing with cig lighter kits and means I can fuse each one individually, and wire with decent gauge cable.

Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by fv1620 View Post
            Oh this is my Land Rover:

We have to hand it to you, you have an ideal way to deal with ramblers
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by That Ruddy Squirrel View Post
              We have to hand it to you, you have an ideal way to deal with ramblers
              Oh yes & this was not a military vehicle. In 1966 it was in police service. The registration no gives the game away & in case anyone wonders it is entirely original.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                I recently bought 3 of these for similar reasons (running laptop, gps, phone charger etc...)

Thought they were better than messing with cig lighter kits and means I can fuse each one individually, and wire with decent gauge cable.

Rob.
                Rob, I think I'll go for a couple of "Wander" type sockets, smaller holes will be easier to facilitate.

Comment

Working...
                X