Power rear mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power rear mirror

Hi, Can any one help me with a EWD for the power rear mirror on my 1997 3rd Gen SSRG or an complete system EWD.

Mac

what's an EWD????????????????????

My 3rd gen has trhe drop down mirror but I've no idea what you need

hawaii
    I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Mac

Do'h EWD = electrical wiring diagram, blonde moment.

If yours is stuck it's unlikely to be electrical, normally all the road rubbish gets sucked into the mechanism as you drive along.

Mine stuck closed about 3 years ago and after squirting loads of WD40 up the sides (into the moving rods) it's worked fine ever since.

hope this helps

ta

hawaii
      I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Power rear mirror

Hawaii

Many thanks for responding, the guy i bought the surf from in April told me that the mirror never worked. I did try the WD40 trick but no change so i started checking the wires from the switch, i was able to work out what most of the wires do apart from the solid green wire which had no voltage or earth on it. when i press the switch open or closed i can here the relays energizing, that is why i was after an EWD to get an idea what the green wire does. I guess i will probably have to take the mirror apart and check from there. If you do come across an EWD or any other clues please give me a shout.

Regards

Comment

I've no idea if anything up here will be of help for the 3rd gen, but have a diddle:

http://forums.bauchan.org/portal/downloads.php

Comment

Power rear mirror

Matt

Many thanks for the info, i have already downloaded the files and guess what? they cover most area's apart from the power rear mirror. the files all relate to the American 4 runner which all have petrol engines, although useful i was hoping one of the forum members might have had a diesel version and it would have covered the mirror.

Thanks again for taking the effort to post a reply.

Comment

I wasn't sure if anything up there would apply. If you do eventually track down any info regarding it, any chance you could forward me a copy too?

Comment

Power rear mirror

Will do Matt.

Cheers

Comment

Power rear mirror

Success at last! I have cured the power mirror. i removed the rear spoiler section and motor/relay assembly. I had worked out what the six wires where and supplied power and earth to both the relay and motor and hey presto the mirror operated. Rebuilt the assembly and plugged it back into the main harness and tried the switch and it worked fine. I never found anything that was not correct, i can only guess that perhaps it was one of the wire connectors that i had removed and refitted. Anyway i am really pleased as it had bugged me from when i first bought the Surf that the mirror didn't work.

Once again thanks for all your replies.

Comment

Glad you got it sorted.

Comment

Working...
                    X