Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Windows

Hi folks - here is my cry for help...

I'm no electrician, so I am struggling to work out what is going on in my surf (KZN130). I have had an intermittent problem with the windows and today its gone Pete Tong....

1) Rear door windows - will not operate from their own switches. Window lock is not on. Left rear window will go down (but not up - help!!) using drivers panel switch. Right rear window will not work at all form any switch.
    2) Also rear tail window now not dropping - no switch noise. Only the "UP" bit of the UP/DOWN console button lit when lights are on (used to be both sides of switch illuminated). Rear wiper working normally. Rear door/window will not work with the key at all either.
    3) Rear heater element not working - but other posts indicate disconnected or loose wires - so not worried about that right now!

Currently have nearside rear window open, with no way to get it back up!

Anyone with any ideas? Just glad its not raining! I have checked and replaced all fuses (by accelerator pedal). Front windows all work normally, as does central locking.

Are vehicle eletricians worth the money? I love my surf, but pennies are short. Any advice from you greatfully received. I can just about work a voltmeter bu that the limit of my understanding.

Thanks in advance,

Locky

pull off the panel in the dirvers footwell and the one in the passenger footwell, there are multi plugs behind both, just make sure that they are good and tight, wiggle them a bit and see what happens, i had a problem with mine where the rear window, rear washer, wiper and one of the rear windows would not work, it seems that the multi plugs had worked loose, pushed them all together and job done. Hope this helps..
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Thanks for your reply Charvell - I have just taken the panel off by the drivers side fuse box, reseated all connectors and also removed and redeated the small silver cylinder relay that sits in a slot marked "tail gate" - hey presto, the rear window now operates again on the console button and the key! Yippee!
      Now all that remains is to find out why neither of the rear passenger windows work from any switch - and to put one of them back up before it rains later!
      Thanks again for your reply - I will post again if I can sort the back windows...

Comment

Have a read of this ................. http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...offside+window should give you somewhere to start from.... good luck
        The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Cheers Wiggy. If I could only get the rear door cards off, I'd be away. Have removed the 3 screws, but the door catch surround seems to be holding it on. all clips are undone, and am pulling it up and forward, but its not budging.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? There must a a knack, and I sure ain't got it!

UPDATE: Barry @ Roughtrax - thanks for the advice - door card off! Move latch to front.

2nd UPDATE: Window will go down not up. Local auto electrician put it up for me then said to resolve may take 2 hours at £48 per hour +VAT . I expect its a broken earth between the drivers door panel and the window (most likely at the a-frame) but doubt I can fix myself. Will look at the guides on here before i part with my cash though...
          Last edited by LockyBalboa; 12 May 2009, 14:40. Reason: updated

Comment

Working...
          X