electric mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric mirrors

hi everyone got aproblem mirrors not working got power at the switch anybody got any ideas thanks

Make sure the connector is connected further up inside the door.The electrics may of been causing a prob with the last owner and could of been dis-connected
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

electric mirrors

the switch still has power going to it do they run through a relay if so any ideas where it is thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cupo View Post
        the switch still has power going to it do they run through a relay if so any ideas where it is thanks
        is the mirror itself connected to the switch tho

Comment

electric mirrors

yes mate there is power going to both motors in the mirror but they dont move

Comment

i would say then that the glass has come away from the mechanism itself in that case.
            I have got electric mirrors here if needed for £10 each plus p&p

Comment

electric mirrors

sorted it now found 3 wires broke in the door harness

Comment

Same problem here mirrors stopped working after I had the dash out and replaced the aerial which was knackered when I bought it. Decided to try and tackle it today and took the door panel off. All wiring seems to be intact in the door, went to reassemble and now the door light won't work and I think the central locking has now stopped from the switch! (the door switch operates all t the other doors but not the driver's door although to be honest I don't know if it did before???!!)
                All in all not very productive - mirrors still don't work and now the door light doesn't work. Any Surf Ninja's able to offer some wisdom before I go mad?!
                Cheers,
                Tom.

Comment

Having had it apart again there is no power going to the mirrors or drivers door light but there is to the windows. As I can't find where the power stops could I tap in to the window power wire (black&white?) and run power from that to the mirrors and the door light?
                  Cheers,
                  T.

Comment

check the multi plug connections at the switch
                    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

I'm pretty certain I have and don't seem to be getting power that far i.e there is a break somewhere in the door panel/body.

Comment

Working...
                      X