Beeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beeping

Hello all i am the owner of a Toyota hilux with what now is beginning to be a problem and hoping to get some help, When i start the car it beeps continuously none stop, and my battery's are being drained it does not beep when engine is not running.

hello mate, does it do it ALL the time or just when in drive? they do have beeper fitted, one is to tell you the keys are in the slot, one is for when you select reverse and some have a spped bell to tell you you are going over 50. Does it have an alarm fitted? if so it could be somthing to do with that.

i hope this helps a bit, others with more know how will be along soon
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

hello thanks for reply i have a 94 3l ssr double cab and has no alarm its the same noise as when i have turned the key one click and left it for example given the glow plugs time to do there thing but now even when i start the engine the noise continuously goes off when the keys are in. once i remove the keys the noise stops.

Comment

Originally posted by mason13 View Post
        hello thanks for reply i have a 94 3l ssr double cab and has no alarm its the same noise as when i have turned the key one click and left it for example given the glow plugs time to do there thing but now even when i start the engine the noise continuously goes off when the keys are in. once i remove the keys the noise stops.
        Hi mate,

Doors open or closed ? could be a bad earth on the interior
        lights turn them off at the lights and see if helps, also check
        the switches in the door frames are OK. (earth wise)
        hope this helps.

Gman
        If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

never heard of it on a Surf, but a Volvo will "bing" until you buckle up. ????
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

with doors open or closed

Comment

Originally posted by mason13 View Post
              with doors open or closed
              with engine running, irrespective of door position.
              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

yes if the engine is running does not matter doors open or shut

Comment

I think it could be the glow plug relay failing to turn off (the timer faulty). The beeper will not flatten the battery on it's own with the engine running, but the glow plugs will.

Comment

Working...
                  X