Battery / Rear Window Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery / Rear Window Problems

Yesterday went out to start the car and both batteries were totally flat!! Tried a jump start with no luck. So replace both batteries and started no problems. But now my rear window will not go up or down with the key or the dash switch. Before the flat batteries the window went up and down perfectly. I can still hear the relay click in the back. Anyone have any ideas???
    Work to Live NOT Live to Work!!!

Window lock switch?

Comment

Tried that mate, but when the window lock switch is on the relay doesn't click.

Comment

Fuse or wiring loom are most likely then.

Comment

Where is the fuse for the rear window??

Comment

In the fusebox.

Comment

Just checked all the fuses! All ok. Tested power suply to the motor and it works fine! Tried direct power from the battery onto the motor and it didn't shift it! Looks like it a trip up to Dalcrue Autobreakers for a new motor. Lucky it only 5mins away!! What motor should i look for??? They have 4 or 5 Surfs up there so ill try them 1st!

Comment

the n/s door motors will fit straight in the tailgate and the o/s motors willneed to be turned 180 degrees to fit them in.
                You can also use the motors from the mr2 celica hiace and corolla
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thank you for the very useful info!! Will try 2 get one tommorrow! And hopefully post my success!!! Thank You

Comment

I'd be checking your glass hasn't merely frozen or jammed in place first. It would be extremely rare to find a motor going just like that, if it truly was functioning perfectly before. Not impossible, but improbable.

Comment

If you get stuck and cant get one then i have some decent o/s motors here for sale or have a chat with Nero,supersurf,biohazzard,vagr ant or lord lucan who also are breaking trucks
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks again! Stripped the motor down after i got it out. Sprayed it well with WD40 and reassembled! Connected it up and it works perfectly! Very strange but very glad its working again!

Comment

Good to hear it was nothing too serious.

Comment

Working...
                          X