boot 12v power outlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boot 12v power outlet

hi there i was looking to put a 12v power outlet in my boot the ciggy lighter kind and wondered if anyone knows of a handy power supply around the boot area that i can pick up from? its going in a gen 3. any help would be brill
    there are other worlds than these

Originally posted by surfing_bish View Post
    hi there i was looking to put a 12v power outlet in my boot the ciggy lighter kind and wondered if anyone knows of a handy power supply around the boot area that i can pick up from? its going in a gen 3. any help would be brill
    Much better and safer to run a new wire (17amp) to the rear of the truck straight from the battery. Make sure the fuse (15amp) is as close to the battery as possible though. Connect the earth to an existing earth fixing or bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Much better and safer to run a new wire (17amp) to the rear of the truck straight from the battery. Make sure the fuse (15amp) is as close to the battery as possible though. Connect the earth to an existing earth fixing or bolt.
      I'm going to run a nice meaty cable to the back, will do my amps and a power outlet. Will also use it for feeds to re-wire the tailgate, I'll use the existing wires to fire proper relays to control the power via new wiring.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

When I gutted the interior of mine, I ran a 10 gauge wire from the battery to the side compartment box just inside the tailgate. Put an RV cig lighter flush mount in there. Great for camping!
        "I'm not saying it's slow, but the other day I was trying to get up to highway speeds and a dog came by and ####ed on the tires."
        1990 4Runner SR5, 22RE/Auto/2wd/AC/Power Everything

Comment

or if yr running an amp in the boot you should alreadsy have a suitable wire there

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
            or if yr running an amp in the boot you should alreadsy have a suitable wire there
            There's one of my mising s's...

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              There's one of my mising s's...
              lol s for scissors?to cut your hair?

Comment

lol s for scissors?to cut your hair?
                Hair envy, it's a terrible thing...

Comment

Hair envy, it's a terrible thing...
                  is it?

Comment

is it?
                    Don't deny it, it just makes it worse.

Comment

Comment

Don't deny it, it just makes it worse.
                        lol i could grow mine as long as yours,just prefer short

Comment

lol i could grow mine as long as yours,just prefer short
                          It's OK mate, I know you can

Comment

My 3rd Gen has a power suply already fitted. It's on the right hand side pannel, with a fold down door there's a standard cigi lighter socket plus a US style two pronged socket, any universal holiday plug should fit this, converting it to our standard three pin.
                            As I'm off down to Silverstone on Thursday for the Grand Prix. Better check and make sure we have power, No, not a peep from ether one, checked fuses all apear to be ok.

I'm hate messing about with wires, so it's off to my local Autosparky this afternoon.

Can't go to Silverstone with warm beer.

Comment

Do what vince says & run the cables through the bulk head from the battery & under the plastic trim that runs down the bottom where the carpet meets the cills.

Once the cables are in place make sure that you don't trap them when you screw the trim back down & bobs your uncle.

Did mine about 12 months ago & not blown or burnt anything yet.

EDIT:
                              Bugger, just noticed the date.
                              Last edited by si tate; 15 June 2009, 10:04.
                              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Working...
                              X