Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuses for Electric mirrors?

I bought a 91 2.4td Surf a month ago,
    My electric mirrors haven't worked since I got it, I thought I would start by checking the fuse for them but can't find it, I have found the fusebox under the bonnet with all the relays and also the one by the drivers feet but none of these appear to be for mirrors or electric windows or sunroof for that matter, do these not have fuses? what else is common to go wrong with the mirrors? The connections on the switch look alright.

Electric miirors are fed from the 7.5A radio fuse, which is the bottom left fuse in the kick panel box. I guess you'd notice if the radio didn't work tho'. The supply wire from the fuse to the switch is coloured Gray and should be live when the ignition is on. If you get stuck I might be able to email the circuit diagram.
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Just checking but -

Have you selected left or right position of the slide switch for the mirrors?The centre position is off and the other switch for mirrors (left-right,up-down) will only work after selecting the mirror you want to adjust.

Comment

Thanks guys, I noticed the radio fuse was blown a week ago, (I checked them all) although the radio was still working, I replaced it and that hasn't fixed the mirrors but I will check again and make sure it didn't just blow it again. I don't think the radio is connected to the correct wiring because it doesn't switch off with the ignition (another thing to fix). Thanks for the help I will look at it again and let you know what I find.

Comment

The fuse seems to feed the mirrors, light reminder relay, radio and the electric aerial. If it keeps blowing you've probably got a fault in one of these.
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

I've got exactly the same problem. Bought the car last September and the mirrors have never worked. Checked all fuses I can find but none blown. Had a circuit tester on the wires on the back of the armrest controller but no power. There must be another fuse or a common fault in wiring.

Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.

Ciao!

Comment

similar problem

I've got a similar problem drivers side mirror works fine but pasenger side's never worked (even with the switch in the correct possition) fuse & wiring checked out ok.
              If anyone finds a solution Please let me know.

Comment

My mirrors went off after the windows were tinted. It was the plug in the drivers arm rest. You can actually connect it 2 ways. One looks kind of correct but a poor fit, the other is correct.

Worth a look,

Phil.

Comment

Anyone get any nearer solving the mirror problems?

The mirrors on my surf, like others here, have never worked. But have power to the switch. Suspect switch unit has gone.....tried to dimantle to check it...bad move now its broke!!!

Anyone know where to get a replacement??

Scuddy
                  ------------------------------------
                  Look out! Ee

Comment

Add another no working mirror truck to the list.hope to solve it soon as it really annoys me.If any one has any luck please let me know

Comment

Seems like we are all being vain worrying about our mirrors ............but mine are exactly the same........never worked since I picked it up, but never worried about them either as once in the correct position I dont need to move them.
                      Perhaps thats the reason the motors have packed up, all the twitching and messing with them.
                      Last edited by kevinse9; 22 October 2004, 07:42.
                      [SIZE=7]The Crafty Carper[/SIZE]

Comment

Solved my mirror problems by replacing the unit.
                        Found one at a breakers, was full of water but after a good blow out with compressed air, bingo mirrors suddenely working after months of inactivity.

Same breaker had a '94 4 Runner with a mirror control unit intact. I paid £12 + VAT.

Try:

Overton Dismantlers Tel: 01224 722354

Dyce Drive, Dyce, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire AB21 0EQ

PS...Am I the furthest north on this forum??
                        ------------------------------------
                        Look out! Ee

Comment

check the drivers door harness for a broken wire loom unplugs and you can pull it back to check it

Comment

another mirror problem here

picked my surf up all mirrors worked except wouldnt pan up and down on passinger side now week later none of them work . so this weekend i,m going to find the problem i hope being an electrician and i,lllet you all know what i find out .

Comment

OK So what did you find out buddy?

Comment

Working...
                              X