Fuel sender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel sender

Hi, I have a 97 sx 3ltr. The fuel gauge is not working correctly, it moves down to three quarters then stops. I suppose it is the sender in the tank but I can't find it can anybody point me in the right direction. Also I have been told by the dealer I got the surf from that my surf wasn't fitted with the hard soft suspension. I thought all surfs had it fitted, am I wrong.

Thanks for any advice given.

gh

Originally posted by grahoward
    Hi, I have a 97 sx 3ltr. The fuel gauge is not working correctly, it moves down to three quarters then stops. I suppose it is the sender in the tank but I can't find it can anybody point me in the right direction. Also I have been told by the dealer I got the surf from that my surf wasn't fitted with the hard soft suspension. I thought all surfs had it fitted, am I wrong.

Thanks for any advice given.

gh
    Not all Surf's had the hard/soft setting, same as some got rear heaters some aint, some got two batteries, some ain't the list goes on.
    Sender unit on fuel tank, should be the only thing on the tank with a wire going to it.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Getting at sender usually requires dropping the tank as they are installed on top.

Neville

Comment

Working...
      X