Trouble Fitting a cd player in my 94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble Fitting a cd player in my 94

Hi, I drive a 94 surf and i have taken out the factory radio, the connetor block that went into the radio does not fit the new wiring harness that i have bought, when i bought it, it was advertisted that it was for all toyotas. but it really does not fit, Is there another wiring harness that i can buy or will i just have to split the wires?
    Here are some photos of my situation:
    http://www.pascal.freewebspace.com/photo2.html
    Thanks

Have a look on the Forum Shop. I think someone used to do a conversion lead. If not, try Halfrauds!!
    Mike G

Comment

Have you checked the loom further back from the plug for other connection blocks? I had a similar problem in my Honda where it didn't look like it would fit but a gentle tug on the wires revealed more connections that had been tucked away, I diconnected from the second connection block & plugged the new stereo straight in.

This may not be the case here but it's worth a look.
      I'm not a complete idiot.......

My kneecap was removed in 1981

Comment

This help?

Nev
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I had the same problem with my radio when it tried to fit it (Halfrauds were going to charge 38 GBP to get someone in to fit).
          What i ended up doing was getting the universal adapter from them (about 10 pounds i think), chopping the top of the Toyota block & just connecting the live & audio wires the universal connector (colour codes were on the packet but ended up using a multimeter to check them). All in all about 20 Min to fit bearing in mind i am not the best with wiring!! Hope this helps.
          The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Thanks So much

hey guys, thanks so much for your help, i searched further back in the dash and found the correct connectors.

I just bought it and im not so sure if im going to keep it for long, its lpg converted but only does 50-60mile to £10 my last car was a renault clio which did 100mile to £10 so il have to see,

what would a 1994 3.0v6 104k(really clean body) mot feb, 4runner usually worth be worth? I paid £1000 for it
            Thanks again
            David

Comment

Originally posted by pascal21 View Post
              hey guys, thanks so much for your help, i searched further back in the dash and found the correct connectors.

I just bought it and im not so sure if im going to keep it for long, its lpg converted but only does 50-60mile to £10 my last car was a renault clio which did 100mile to £10 so il have to see,

what would a 1994 3.0v6 104k(really clean body) mot feb, 4runner usually worth be worth? I paid £1000 for it
              Thanks again
              David
              from all the ones i have seen that is about the max price i would pay for one so i would say if its in as good condition as you say then you aint been ripped off but you may of got it a little cheaper if you haggled the price
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
              X