What is this loose wire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this loose wire?

Whilst looking for the engine number I found this wire to be unconnected! Any ideas what it is and where it should be connected?
    The first two show where it is situated and the third shows where the wire leads, kind of. Please help?? Let me know if the pics aren't good enough.
    Attached Files
    Member of the 115,000k club

There are several loose ends in the engine bay, if I remember correctly. Wouldn't worry about it unless something actually isn't working.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
      There are several loose ends in the engine bay, if I remember correctly. Wouldn't worry about it unless something actually isn't working.

Especially if it won't start.

Comment

Don't say that!!!
        I am having problems starting up. It gets harder and harder to turn over til it's dead. I boost them from another (doner) car then it's fine for about 5 days or if it's sat for a few days then it gets harder to start again then eventually doesn't. I'm gonna get caught out sooner or later and be late for work!!!
        I guess this is one or both of the battries going.
        How easy is it to test them?

Comment

By the sounds of it, I'd just get them replaced. If you do want to double check first, all factors should have a meter for doing a battery test. They'll check them for you. It's not completely reliable, but is generally a decent indicator of condition.

Comment

If one of the batteries are duff, it'll pull the other one down with it. You need to pull off both positive cables when checking as they are linked together.
            Garages usually carry out free battery checks.

Comment

Cheers, I'll sort that tomorrow. Whilst I'm on the subject of my beloved . . . is this normal, looks a bit leaky! At the back of the engine. Are there supposed to be screw / bolts on those holes too?

I'm just paranoid about my truck. The only problem I ever had was the head which was replaced a year ago. I abuse her too much off road! Tryin to self teach myself to service and upkeep her. With everyone's help on here I should get there I reckon.
              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, not that familiar with the 3.0 engine, I jumped from 2.4 to 4.0.

Comment

Right from what i can see on mine under all the mud and that is there are 5 plugs on the fuel pump.then there is the big black plug for the turbo pressure sensor.Under the tps on the block under the manifold there should be a socket for that plug to go into.
                  I can't see properly but its either in the bottom of the head or the top of the block and is probably a heat sensor or something.Hope this is what your after
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

There arn't any loose plugs on the 3.0's, but make sure its not the adjustable shocks connector, if its thad aftermarket shocks fitted you will have a spare plug now.

The oil pic is the breather pipe leaking where it goes into the rocker covers, swap th clip for a circlip and see if it stops, its just crankcase pressure, nothing to worried about unless it gets really bad.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Could it be the wiring connector for the Air Temp Sensor in the filter housing elbow? These are often left off and hanging down.

Nev

Comment

temp sensor in the elbow is there in place.
                        I have got after market shocks on but there is also problem with the temp guage which meant I had to fit an after market one which is powered via the cigar lighter.
                        Thanks for all that guys, really appreciate it, this forum is the best.
                        I'll have a good look this evening, just got back from surfing and need to warm up.
                        Tonyn thanks for that I'll give it a go, I am too paranoid these days and the more I start tinkering getting used to doing things myself the worse I become. I'm sure I'll improve with time!!
                        I'll keep you updated.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                          There arn't any loose plugs on the 3.0's, but make sure its not the adjustable shocks connector, if its thad aftermarket shocks fitted you will have a spare plug now.
                          Was it just the 2.4's that had the odd dangler then, or should I be checking what isn't connected on mine?

Comment

Ok it's definately the temp sender wire. All sorted, cheers guys

Comment

Originally posted by PC-Surf View Post
                              Ok it's definately the temp sender wire. All sorted, cheers guys

Nev

Comment

Working...
                              X