Central locking.. NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central locking.. NOT

Just today noticed on my 2.4 when I lock it off remote, all but passenger door toiggles go down as they should,

But passenger door as I say, pops back up again.

I can lock that door with a key to secure it but how do I fix it please

Originally posted by henry F View Post
    Just today noticed on my 2.4 when I lock it off remote, all but passenger door toiggles go down as they should,

But passenger door as I say, pops back up again.

I can lock that door with a key to secure it but how do I fix it please

Could be a broken wire in the rubber conduit that links the drivers door to the body, thats intermittently connecting as the door is opened/closed.

Comment

Thanks BW
      Where abouts is this exactly, or does it break out of sight in door shut usually ta

Comment

Right,
        reading this at home properly now should I be looking for something on 'my' side broken then.

Just had the interior off the passenger door and everything looks at least ship-shape, but operating the CL just prompts a half hearted up or down off the: top-of-door-button.

I was wondeing if the actuator bolted down the rear of door interior is interchangeable with rear doors as they seldom get any use

NOW HAD A SEARCH THROUGH SITE
        Is it in fact at all likely to be a single door actuator playing up by being lazy, or would I be better off looking at this module do you think ?
        Last edited by henry F; 22 September 2008, 18:39.

Comment

Give the actuator rod a squirt of WD40, see if that frees it up a bit.

It's the wires in the drivers door that usually break to to the constant opening and closing. The master switches for the windows and locks are in the arm rest too.
          Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 22 September 2008, 19:04.

Comment

Jolly good,
            So firstly (sorry to be nuiscance)
            The passenger nib'
            Seems to pass down through. Some sort of conduit on its way to ther servo thing, it moves freely but in operation, just dips down and back up again.
            So anyway,
            On the drivers side, how can I best inspect for broken wires, just around that rubber pipe?

Thanks BTW

Comment

Just peel either end back to inspect the wires.

I've never had my door panels off so I can't really comment any further other than make sure all moving parts are free and easy.

Also, try pressing the door lock button on the driver's armrest to see if the problem lock stays locked, if it does then I would suspect the remote needs cleaning.
              Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 22 September 2008, 19:30.

Comment

I'd be tempted to not worry about the wires as on my sisters KZN130 there is one wire which pulses all the other locks, when it broke only the drivers door locked and unlocked.

If ever you suspect any breaks in the wire the only way to find out is to disconect the wires at both ends and check each wire with a multimeter (not very enjoyable), the easy technique is to grab the wire bundle where it is exposed between the door and the bodyshell and give it a wigle while pressing the arm rest buttons.

If I'm understanding your discriptions then I think your actuator is at fault. First thing I'd try would be lubricating it and seeing if that works, if not I'd see if one of the rear actuators fit the wire connector and then try it.
                Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

My thoughts pretty much!

It seems to make no difference (the position of my door) and the number of times I remind my wife not to slam the door on her way in/out

At once suggests to me to look that side.

I was hoping someone might confirm the front + rear 'servo's are the same, then I can strip a door out in back, and swap one over.

Helpful tip BTW....
                  Try and remove the Two BIG screws through armrest & into door during disassembly, on the tip of screwdriver,
                  and put to one side.

Else they drop inside polystyrene moulding prompting further stripdown (unnecessarily)

Comment

Working...
                  X