Rear window (NOT tailgate) electrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window (NOT tailgate) electrics

The rear window on the passenger side goes down but not up. I’ve taken everything to bits and discovered that there is no supply to the down side of the switch. The wire across the door hinge is not broken. I think that the supply is taken from the main panel on the driver’s door, I’ve had the panel to bits and cleaned all the contacts (some were burnt) but it’s made no difference. I don’t know what is what in the multi-connector. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or know which pin is what. Is the up and down on different supplies, that seems a bit odd to me but as the window goes down and not up I guess they must be. Is it possible to short out the multi-connector on the problem door and make the up and down have one common supply?
    Any clever auto electricians out there?

not sure what happens in the circuit prior to the motor, but at the motor there are two wires which should be neither + or - unless the windows in operation. For the window to go up, one has to go + and the other -, and for the window to go down they switch so the one that was + for up is - for down, and the one that was - for up is + for down.

If that helps?
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Thanks, that certainly helps with my understanding of how it should work but not the problem. I'm fairly sure the problem is in the drivers door switch panel, the window doesn't work at all from that switch.
      The motor and switch both work in both directions when I put them on the other door

Comment

i got all the door winow switches and the complete drivers door switch panel if you need them
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

How much do want for the drivers door switches? Are you sure it's ok?

Comment

Working...
          X