rear window limit switches??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window limit switches??

anyone have information on the limit switches for the tailgate window on 2nd generation?

my window goes up and down with no problem, but my defroat and wiper will not work. the fuse is fine, so I am thinking maybe the computer does not think the window is fully raised???

any help would be appreciated

Originally posted by 92sr5v6
    anyone have information on the limit switches for the tailgate window on 2nd generation?

my window goes up and down with no problem, but my defroat and wiper will not work. the fuse is fine, so I am thinking maybe the computer does not think the window is fully raised???

any help would be appreciated
    Can u lock the door? as I don't think it will allow u to press the lock button until the window is fully home, this presumably uses the same limit switch or indication system as the HRW and wiper would.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

mine has the tailgate style rear door. I can not unlock the rear door until the window is all the way down. With the window down, I can unlock the tailgate and open it. As soon as the window starts to go up, it locks the door automatically. So on my model, the rear door is locked as long as the window is anything but fully down.

the door and window both seem to work perfectly.... just for some reason, the computer will not allow the rear defrost or wiper to turn on. I have seen a wiring diagram that shows limit switches for the rear window, but I have no idea where it is.

Comment

i don't have a 2nd gen so this could have been a dream i had... BUT... i believe there is a board inside the tailgate (i.e. remove trim panel) with 4? relays fitted which operate the window...have a sniff around there.
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

there must be a switch or a contact sensor or something that detects the window is up.

when I remove the trim from the tailgate, i can see that the door can only unlock when the window is fully down... that is controlled by a manual latch. As the window goes up, it moves a lever that prevents the door from unlocking. so that is how the vehicle knows when the window starts rising, but how does it know when it is up all the way?

Comment

I GOT IT!!!!!!

I found the limit switch that detects when the window is fully raised.
            there is a small black box next to the motor that has 2 wires plugged into it (red/blue & white/black). below the box is a little metal rocker switch. when the window is fully raised, the switch matches up with a hole in the large gear. This allows the switch to "open". when the window comes down, the large gear holds the switch "closed". I cleaned up the metal switch and now it works again. Looks like it was sticking in the closed position.

Comment

Working...
            X