X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locked Out

Hi,
    Im locked out.
    The batteries on my 2.4 surf have died and as a result the central locking seems to have stopped working. The fob just beeps but the door buttons do not raise and the keys will not turn in the door locks and therefore I cant get in to lift the bonnet to jump start it. Has this happened to anyone else? Dont really want to put the window through! Any tips or ideas?
    Many thanks,
    Nick

The key should still work in the doors, even with the batteries completely disconnected, it's just it'll only operate 1 door, not the central locking.

Have you ever used the key in the doors before?
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Hi,
      thanks for the reply, Ive only had the surf for about 3 months and havent ever used the keys, always the fob. Assumed the central locking would run off the battery, therefore not working.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicko View Post
        Hi,
        thanks for the reply, Ive only had the surf for about 3 months and havent ever used the keys, always the fob. Assumed the central locking would run off the battery, therefore not working.
        Just the drivers door will unlock with a dead battery mate. Should be fine to get in an charge it up!

Comment

If the key isn't working in the door at all, it would suggest that either the ignition barrell (and probably boot lock) or the door locks have been replaced at some point. And you've ended up with a key that only fit's the ignition barrell, due to the aftermarket remote locking it's never been an issue before. It might be worth trying the key in the passenger door on the off chance if you haven't already, incase it's just the drivers door/lock that could have been replaced.

If you still have no luck, then it may be a case of having to break in, obviously not wise to discuss methods of entry on a public forum, but be assured there are a few ways to get in without resorting to smashing the window. If you're still stuck, email me - ian.shrubb@tesco.net
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Hi,

thanks Nero,

Ive tried both the keys in both doors and no joy. I presume you are right and the locks have been changed at some point. Will email you tomorrow if thats ok to discuss my new entry method.

Comment

No worries, speak tomorrow
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

Working...
              X