another rear window gone capputt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another rear window gone capputt!

hi, got my new 2nd gen surf today, brilliant!!! only problem is the tailgate window wont move up or down with either the key or internal switch. i've checked the wiper position, internal lock, ect. but nothing. we have a small baby and i cant get into the rear of the car to load the pram!!! so any help would be muchly thankyouful!
    if i cant sort it with out taking it to bits i will take it back to the garage who sold it to me and play merry hell, but before i do i need to make sure it's not a fault i may of over looked.

many thanks
    andy crofts

Switch

Have you made sure that you haven't pressed the switch on the drivers door arm rest that stops all but the drivers window from operating.

That one usually gets loads of people...............!!

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by robnw67
      Have you made sure that you haven't pressed the switch on the drivers door arm rest that stops all but the drivers window from operating.

That one usually gets loads of people...............!!

Rob
      He said he'd checked the switch. How about a fuse, when they fail it doesn't seem generally to be all places and all directions as there are 4 relays that control it.

I'd take it back anyway, if it is the relay pack that has gone it isn't cheap to replace with genuine parts.

Only other thing to check, is the wiper properly parked, the window won't open if it isn't, so although it may look in the correct position, it may not be making the correct contact on the parked switch (which I think is probably behind the top trim section above the rear door.

Cheers

Comment

sorted!

thanks alot guys, as andy said it was the rear wash wiper arm, although it looked seated right, and after pushing it back to it's rest position, it did'nt work until i switched the wiper on and off again. this must have conected the micro switch and activated the window mechanism. seems o.k. now.
        glad i did'nt take it back and go ranting after all, i'd have looked a right wally!!(like i dont now-lol!!)

thanks again
        andy crofts

Comment

Working...
        X