Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio tuning 1992 2.3td surf

G'day all,

I have recently bought my surf and what an awsome beast it is. It is an import from Japan I believe and came with a Radio/cassett, 12 disc auto changer.

Does anyone know where I could buy a new disc magazine which was missing and is it possible to change the settings in the radio part to tune it in to uk stations other than radio 2? At the moment I think it is programed for Japan radio stations.

Hope someone can help, thanx in advance for any help.
    Foxy

Dump it all and buy a Uk spec one, the radio frequency is different in Japan, you need to fit a band expander to widen the frequency band. Even then the frequncy numbers will not match, ie radio 2 is say 97.00 it will come up up as 89.5 etc.
    Had a changer in mine it never worked as have many others, think pretty much all take it out and fit a UK spec unit. Do a search on here its been covered many times before.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
      Dump it all and buy a Uk spec one, the radio frequency is different in Japan, you need to fit a band expander to widen the frequency band. Even then the frequncy numbers will not match, ie radio 2 is say 97.00 it will come up up as 89.5 etc.
      Had a changer in mine it never worked as have many others, think pretty much all take it out and fit a UK spec unit. Do a search on here its been covered many times before.

Thanx pal,

Thought as much.

Comment

Channel expander

Thanx 4 ur help mate,
        Got my expander fitted it works perfectly apart from the numbers don't add up. Not to bothered though once they're programed in I wont have to worry about them.

Only a cd magazine holder to find now and we're in business (Still not found one, eyes going square looking). If not it's out with the lot and in with the new like you said at the beginging. Hope i can avoid that as I'm a bit lazy.

take care.
        Last edited by Foxy; 8 April 2004, 21:29.

Comment

You'll be very lucky to find a magazine for the OE R/C - just bin it and change the lot
          NO WORRIES!
          Rusty

Comment

I Feel this subject should be covered in the FAQ section as it keeps coming up.....

The frequency expander is a waste of money and the signal to noise ratio has a lot to be desired unless you live next to the transmitter...
            Last edited by mark g8awo; 10 April 2004, 17:21.
            Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
              You'll be very lucky to find a magazine for the OE R/C - just bin it and change the lot
              Yeah, i'm beginning to give up hope. Can't blame a guy for trying though.....

Comment

Working...
              X