Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear speakers

Hi Guys

I have the same problem many have posted about, the rear speakers do not work whilst using the cd player but do when listening to the radio.
    I know there is a simple mod to put this right but I am unable to find a thread that shows how.

Your help would be greatfully recieved.

Cheers.

Chris
    WHAT!!!

I had that problem, but i swapped stereos with my mate & the rear speakers then worked when using the cd, also my old stereo worked fine on the rear speakers in my mates car. its a wierd one is that
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

I have just trolled the site and found a reference to modifying the wiring on a sony to power up the rear amps (mine is also a sony). Anyone know which wire to fiddle with?
      WHAT!!!

Comment

connect the wire that is blue &white from the radioto the blue wire on the plug on the rear of the radio that should solve your problem

Comment

I am having the same problem. After going through old threads and links I have found out that the problem is the powered attenna wire and the amp wire are connected, so while the radio is on the ariel is up and the amp has power - but switch to CD and you are no longer powering either, hence no rear speakers - seems to be common with Sony head units.
          I have been able to over come this by connecting the two blue wires coming out of the head unit, but the draw back to this is the ariel is always up - does anyone with any electrical knowledge have the solution please.

Cheers

Kiwi

Comment

I also use Sony kit and I didn't/don't have this problem, so presuming you're using the correct Toyota to Sony plug lead convertor that an auto audio place should stock (then again, we are driving imports), you could try fitting in in-line switch to flick on/off whenever you need to.

I think I made the right choice though - replace the front and rears with matched Sony speakers, fit Sony tweeters, a 10" VIBE for the extra bass, and run new speaker wire through. Took me an afternoon.
            Everything's easy, when you know how!

Comment

Originally posted by stressmonkey
              Hi Guys

I have the same problem many have posted about, the rear speakers do not work whilst using the cd player but do when listening to the radio.
              I know there is a simple mod to put this right but I am unable to find a thread that shows how.

Your help would be greatfully recieved.

Cheers.

Chris
              I've had the same problem, i just pressed the reset button (SONY), all iz fine now but ariel iz up whenever head unit iz on.
              xcuse mi spilling kan't phinda dictonnairy

Comment

Working...
              X