Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no battery light, t-belt light and keeps going flat

hi guys i need your help,

first off i've had my surf (1990 2.4turbo 3door) for a few months now and not had any major problems but i went out to start it yesterday and it was coompletly dead, no central locking/no dash lights etc so i had a look round under the bonnet to check for loose cables and everything was fine, so i jump started it checked the charge rate which is a bit low (13.4) so i removed the alternator stripped it, cleaned it refitted and still the same but it will stay running with all the lights etc on, the battery looks quite new aand the levels are fine but if you leave the engine off for a few minutes it wont start as if something is draining it,i took it for a good run last night and today again its completly flat, a few things i have noticed are my battery light and t-belt light dont come on now at all and there is a solinoid on the n/s inner wing that starts clicking when you switch the ignition on

anybody got any ideas on what i shpuld replace first??

thanks in advance

chris

Battery's gubbed, try another one.

The relay in the wing is the Glow plug relay. It's not getting enough power to energise properly.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

What CCA rating is the battery? It should be at least 700cca if you only have one.

Get the truck stated again, and switch everything on that has a high current drain e.g. Heated rear screen, headlights, fan blower, and rev the engine. If the headlights get brighter as you rev, at least you know the alternator putting out a charge.

Comment

Working...
      X