No front demist! Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No front demist! Help

Hello all, new to this site so sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. I have a 1993 Surf SSR with push button controls for the heater/blower, everything works except the front screen demister option (air blows everywhere aside from the screen!). Any advice/pointers for fixing the problem? All help much appreciated! Ta!

welcome to the forum.

Probably just sticking, take off the lower centre console and see if the control cable/rod is stuck somewhere, sometimes a wee spray of WD40 sorts it.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

A golden oldie Surf problem......

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...plastic+levers

Comment

mine does, but only after a fashion.

Today was an especially foggy day at least up untill i cracked the fron side windows open an inch or Two, then it quickly clears.

next to your left foot, you should see a crank in white plastic, that is either fully up (blows directly out sideways just by it,
        or
        fully down then it blows all onto screen, or at least mine does, the connection between that row of buttons and this vital part, is missing on mine for some reason

good luck

Comment

Cheers for that! Will go have a look when the rain stops!!! Ahh the English summer!!!! I'm assuming that when you push the dash button something mechanical is activated that moves a flap to vent up or down etc? Much prefer cable operated vents tbh!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacmac View Post
            I'm assuming that when you push the dash button something mechanical is activated that moves a flap to vent up or down etc? Much prefer cable operated vents tbh!!!
            Electrical and mechanical. The buttons operate a motor that drives a cable.

You can see the motor unit bottom of this pic. Note: Cable not shown.

Drivers side view. Note: Cable not shown.

Pic with cable connection and adjustment rod position marked.

Nev

Comment

Pic with linkage and vents in demister position.

Pic with linkage and vents in face position.

Other settings are at various stages between the above two positions.

The linkage should move in an arc between the two positions shown when adjusted correctly. Adjustment can be made via the cable by altering the position in the cable clamp which just unclips or via the little rod shown. This also just clips into a plastic clamp.

NOTE: Some parts of the vent housing have been removed in the latter pics.

Nev
              Last edited by NiftyNev; 26 May 2008, 12:23.

Comment

Thanks for the detailed photos Nev. The rain has stopped here so I'll be going out to take a look. Cheers!

Comment

As you all suspected - had seized up! The mechanism had also popped out of the track. I've coated the cable etc with WD40, but it still doesn't like working consistently. I'm not too worried right now, as the main issue of seeing out of the truck has been cured. A more detailed examination might ensue if me tootsies feel cold in the winter!!! Thanks again for all of help and advice. Quite a simple issue in the end, glad the dash didn't need taking apart. Had the joy of that once on a Renault Clio - suffice to say my relationship with Renault ended that day!! Dam roller skate!

Comment

Working...
                  X