1 or 2 batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 or 2 batteries

hi, just bought another surf, 3rd gen ssrx ltd, both batteries seem to be knackered, aa came out today & tested them. Why does this model have 2 batteries? my other 3rd gen surf ( which is now for sale) only has one.
    I suppose you can't get away using just one??
    ANTZ

Hi mate, the twin battery set up is sometimes called the winter pack, but this will usually come with rear heater and fuel filter heater.

One battery is usually used to start the surf, and the other to run the auxilleries.

If both batteries are U/S then replace both, as one knackered one will drain the other.

What are the symptoms that suggest BOTH batteries are U/S?
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob View Post
      Hi mate, the twin battery set up is sometimes called the winter pack, but this will usually come with rear heater and fuel filter heater.

One battery is usually used to start the surf, and the other to run the auxilleries.

If both batteries are U/S then replace both, as one knackered one will drain the other.

What are the symptoms that suggest BOTH batteries are U/S?
      both have 12.4 v , which goes down to 9v on cranking, they are original panasonics, what should i get for replacement? my other surf has a bosch 95ah 680 A
      ANTZ

Comment

they're wired in parralel, both batteries do everything. To test them properly they need to be isolated from each other, otherwise any tests will be testing them both, so you may only have 1 shot battery, if this is the case it will be dragging the other one down with it too, so unless you get them tested properly and sorted soon you'll end up with 2 shot batteries anyway.

Toyota main stealers are pretty good for replacement batteries, should come in around £40-£45 each battery as opposed to halfords £80 a battery.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Working...
        X