electric ariel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric ariel

can anyone tell me if the electrical conection block for the arial is inside the engin bay and where it might be. i whant to put a test meter to it to see if power is getting down there.

the ariel has never gon up and down but i think it is more of a jamed up motor than power supply.

The plug connector is under the wheel arch, you will need to remove the plastic inner wing to access it.
    Roy
    When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

'ok' thanks roy!
      Last edited by davemaxx; 23 May 2008, 08:39.

Comment

forgot to ask this bit
        does anyone know which colour wire is which? for earth, power, signal. ect,
        because if i buy a universal replacement one i guess the wire colours will be diffrent and i will have to splice in and join with solder, and i dont whant to get them wrong and burn something out.

Comment

hi guys sorry for butting in but does anyone know why my ariel goes down fine but when it goes up the motor continues to run for approx 20 seconds after the ariel has completley extended as its doing my head in and this happened before the ariel on m old truck gave up the ghost

im also think of switching it so i can put it down but still listen to cds
          thanks in advance

jon
          Last edited by BAV1; 11 June 2008, 14:56.

Comment

Originally posted by BAV1 View Post
            hi guys sorry for butting in but does anyone know why my ariel goes down fine but when it goes up the motor continues to run for approx 20 seconds after the ariel has completley extended as its doing my head in and this happened before the ariel on m old truck gave up the ghost

im also think of switching it so i can put it down but still listen to cds
            thanks in advance

jon
            Inside the mechanism is a plastic coil with teeth on it that pushes the aeriel up, easy to replace aeriel and coil, yours may be worn.

replacement here on ebay, just make sure you get the right diameter 22mm or 24mm.
            Last edited by KERRSURF; 11 June 2008, 19:59.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

thanks alan but goes up and down ok is there somthing that tells it when extended that may be missing

cheers jon

Comment

thanks alan but goes up and down ok is there somthing that tells it when extended that may be missing

cheers jon
                I'd need to strip mines again to check, so I'll let you do yours

easy enough job though.
                Alan

Comment

will do mate just a few bolts under the wing to undo isnt it or do i just need to undo the nut around the base of the ariel and pull

thanks

Comment

will do mate just a few bolts under the wing to undo isnt it or do i just need to undo the nut around the base of the ariel and pull

thanks
                    Take off innerwing plastic shroud, you will see your aeriel (hopefully) inside a nice wee factory fitted bag. One bolt on a wee bracket attaches aeriel to inner wing, undo this. Undo the lock nut with a flatblade on outside of wing and aeriel will drop down, careful not to damage aeriel cable that goes to stereo, leavi it attached. Unplug the multi plug and you should have enough room to work on aeriel motor housing.
                    Alan

Comment

Electric Aerial

Got no problems with the motor but when I tried to change the inner i.e. flexible toothed rack, only half of it came out. Any ideas on how to get the remainber out or do I have to take the complete unit out

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ColinF View Post
                        Got no problems with the motor but when I tried to change the inner i.e. flexible toothed rack, only half of it came out. Any ideas on how to get the remainber out or do I have to take the complete unit out

Cheers
                        The bit that fell out or came out was probably from the motor end, if so then it has broken in half and needs replaced, unfortunately the other end is connected to the ariel itself so the whole cable/ariel needs replaced.

you can get them on ebay, see link on previous page.
                        Alan

Comment

Thanks, I can take out the arial section with half the track on by undoing the top nut on the wing, its the other end, the motor end bit that's stuck in the tube, I need to get out. I've got a replacement arial and track but need to get the other end out. It seems that the track is broken in two.

Colin

Comment

Working...
                          X