aerial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aerial

some nasty person somehow has managed to pull out and break my electric car aerial.

can anyone tell me where to get a new one? do toyota use standard across the range aerials?

thanks in advance guys.

cheryl
    xx

If yours is a standard electric job from Toyota, they sell the replacement telescopic bit, with the plastic strip with teeth. Its a bit of a bu**er to fit apparantly, if you have to get the broken bit out of the drive mechanism. If it is just the telescopic bit, switch on the ignition and radio. Pull out the stub of the old one, thread in the new one and switch off the radio and watch it go down!
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Replace the whole unit with a "whip" style one. I did it with my 2nd gen. It looks better and you wont break it if you snag it on anything. Can be removed easily if needed...

Gonna do it soon on my 3rd gen.

Comment

hi there, yes toyota do sell a replacment arieal that will fit i had to replace mine, it cost me £105 inc vat it is a bit of a bugger to fit need to remove inner wing to gain access and need to remove lower dash on n/s inc glove box this is to enable you to remove old cable and fit new one. The areial itself is only held on with one bolt and the outer nut.
        have fun hope it gos well

Comment

Working...
        X