Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan/Heater Problems

Hello,
    New to the Hilux scene. Recently imported a 2.4L Turbo Diesel Hilux from Japan. The cooling system was a little out of service so I had to replace almost everything. The head seems to be in good shape still. (knock on wood) There is another problem though that I have no idea how to fix. The fan on the dash is finicky. It only works if I finesse it between high and the next setting lower. The heat also is very very weak on it. The A/C doesn't seem to work but thats not a big concern for me. I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this fan problem so that all the settings (low, medium, high, etc.) would work and also any insight into why the heater wouldn't be working would be great!

Heard lots of great things about this site! Hope someone knows about this...

Thanks,
    Mike

Hi n welcome Mike to the most informative n Mad forums, watch out for the Squirrel n the Yeti ...

Can't remember exactly where the answers are but ther here on the Forum somewhere, do a search for Heater blower/ Controls ... See below
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TonyN
    Nah, its behind the glove box, I think it faces out. The one I took of my breaker for Jess can out easy, but the blower unit was already loose, and I cant remember how it sat in the car. But I don't think its any bother.
    Quote:

Its the unit closest to the N/S of the car, the next one is the aircon unit, then the heater matrix. But I think you can get the resistors out without removing the blower unit. Look for where the loom goes into it.
    See also "Intermutant Heater Fan post of 4th February 2006" + pics

Good Luck

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it comin tho !!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 4 May 2008, 22:18.
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Hello Mike and welcome, assumeing your import's right hand drive like ours the heater fan is behind the glove box on the left hand side footwell, here's some some pics of whats behind there, the arrow'd bit is the air con cooler rad, fan assembly is to the left, mine's the same as your's, even after a dam good flushing it still dont get very hot, and at lower setting the fan is useless,
      i'd check it's working first then that there's no blockage on the hoses, is it's all ok you'll just have to use high setting to get a decent demist
      have you disconnected the heater hoses and flushed them both ways with the house mains hosepipe?, mine was badly blocked with red gunge and took some clearing, especially the rear heater matrix, (flush that seperatly)
      good luck.
      Attached Files
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

I recently had to replace my HVAC control unit as the fan speed switch was cactus - the plug had melted and the switch was useless... it started off like what you are describing - hard to get the fan going unless it was at a set spot (high in my case)...

I got mine from the wreckers for $90AUD and changed it out in about 1.5 hrs (very easy job to do)
        1993 HiLux Surf (mine)
        1998 RAV4 (hers)

Comment

Fan heater problems...

Ya I just replaced the entire cooling system and head unit. Costly but now this beatch is good to go.
          The only thing is the fan. It just does not work (only on 'just before' high) I'd like to fix this so that all the settings work. Can you tell me how you fixed yours?

Thanks.
          mike

Comment

Working...
          X