Reversing sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reversing sensors

I read that a few people have fitted reversing / parking sensors. However I had been led to believe that they were not suitable for metal bumpers. Am I mistaken or have you found a way around this? Also, how do you get around the spare wheel on the back, both being detected and being further back than the bumper?

http://www.reversingaids.co.uk/parki...ng_sensors.htm

Comment

What you mount the sensors in does not really matter, the kit i bought of flea bay was about £24.00 it works grand. The kit even had a tank cutter to cut out the correct size holes in my bumper. i measure out where i wanted to mount them, made sure there was clearance (no struts) behind the bumper drilled the holes and fitted the sensors.
      Now the calibration is interesting. I parked with nothing behind and connected one sensor at a time and moved an object towards it to get a reading, the sensors are angled so you rotate them to steer the beam. after a bit of messing it all works.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Be warned the mud on Salisbury Plains killed mine, so if you do go off road don't expect them to last long. (Camera has lasted longer)
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

I already have a set, but I don't want to go cutting holes in my nice chrome bumpers to find that they don't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
            I have a set here for £20 if you want them (4 sets actually) free postage. PM or email me if you want them.
            PS they're not the cheap ebay ones either, they come with led distance gauge, led bar markers and 4 sensors. I think they are made by car plan. I will have a look tomorrow.
            i would probably be interested in a set at that price Ant. but can't find any specs or information on carplan ones on t'internet?
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
              i would probably be interested in a set at that price Ant. but can't find any specs or information on carplan ones on t'internet?
              I'll dig em out the garage later and pm ya te details.
              http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel View Post
                I'll dig em out the garage later and pm ya te details.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

I assumed and a quick look at your profiles seems to confirm that you are all of the male gender…………

So what the hell do you want parking sensors for??? They are for dozy women drivers!

Just learn to judge the size of your truck properly before reversing.
                  Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
                    I assumed and a quick look at your profiles seems to confirm that you are all of the male gender…………

So what the hell do you want parking sensors for??? They are for dozy women drivers!

Just learn to judge the size of your truck properly before reversing.
                    A very good possibility is that he is not the only one to drive the truck. Whenever I'm working on my sisters truck she has mine, so after Salisbury buried my sensors I got a camera, stops all reversing accidents imediatley.
                    Also it's very useful when hitching to the trailer when the help from your assistant is
                    "your not straight"
                    "Which way do I need to go"?
                    "Left" you move the back of the car left slightly, and then hear, "No No I said left" you now realise that they have turned around since you last looked at them and left is right.
                    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

I don't need em, or indeed want em

It's all the others who drive their rep mobiles into spaces, then complain when you park the spare wheel on their bonnet.
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

Working...
                      X