Toyota 2 button central locking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota 2 button central locking

Replaced the battery in the Toyota 2 button remote key fitted on the 3rd gen but still not operating . I done a search but with no answer to the reason it still wont open or shut the locks . Do I need to reprogram the system ?
    Anyone know how to do it ?
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
    Replaced the battery in the Toyota 2 button remote key fitted on the 3rd gen but still not operating . I done a search but with no answer to the reason it still wont open or shut the locks . Do I need to reprogram the system ?
    Anyone know how to do it ?
    Ya may need to re-programe it.... Imobiliser n Alarm ?
    What make ya got .. is it Factory fit ?
    ps
    Swimbo's old Peugeot needed the battery disconnecting for 20-30 minutes,
    as we would do on our Trucks to reset the ECU ....
    Good Luck Rick

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never see it comin tho !!!!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Try the method described on here Rick.....

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/showth...remote+program

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        Try the method described on here Rick.....

http://www.toyota-4runner.org/showth...remote+program
        Still not working . Tried the procedure 5 or 6 times but nothing working .

Comment

Found another thing to try while trawling the net: Push & hold both buttons on remote for 20 seconds. It didn't say anything else, but I would try it with the doors unlocked and maybe drivers door open? Also the key in the ignition or ignition on would be worth trying. Toyota seemed to use several different methods for reprogramming dependant on model/year.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Streetsurfer View Post
            Found another thing to try while trawling the net: Push & hold both buttons on remote for 20 seconds. It didn't say anything else, but I would try it with the doors unlocked and maybe drivers door open? Also the key in the ignition or ignition on would be worth trying. Toyota seemed to use several different methods for reprogramming dependant on model/year.

Good luck!
            Thamks , will try.
            Paul (Fieldsy) who I bought the Surf from said it all worked but then thought the remote battery was flat as suddenley stopped working. Shame I chucked the old remote battery as I could have volt tested it.

Comment

Working...
            X