anyone tell me what these are for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone tell me what these are for?

whilst looking in the engine bay trying to work what radiator to fit for the charge cooler i noticed these two are not connected in anyway and wondered if they should be.
    the model is a kzn 130 3ltr diesel

top one is the air (intake) temperature sensor, and the other one is the boost pressure sensor i think?
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

cheers for that i hope they don't need to be connected as they are not and i can't find any wiring for them either!!

Comment

Em, they both need to be connected...
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

just my luck with the surf at the moment!!

where do the applicable wiring come from or go to and i can then try and trace it around....
          could this be the cause for lower mpg than i hoped.... low 20's??

Comment

Mid 20s is about right so you're a bit low. They will have an effect on mileage. No idea where the ends will be, a grown up with a 3.0 will be along soon...
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

The turbo pressure sensor shouldn't be there, its on the intake manifold, you can see the vaccum pipr for it that goes to the filter in the background of the first pic.

The other is, as has been said, the intake air temp sensor. The wire normally falls down on the inner wing and people forget about it when doing the filter.

The 2.4's have the turbo pressure sensor on the airbox, someone might have fitted a 2.4 airbox for some reason. but its smaller than the 3.0s proper one, with a smaller filter, so not really a good idea.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
              X