Replacement Rear Fog Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Rear Fog Light

Hands up all those who have ripped off their fog light?

How about this for those who have rear mount spare wheel carriers.

All i've used is a standard household 12v downlighter (the same type you have in your ceiling) and it fits perfectly in the hole in the middle of the carrier. Use a 20w red filtered dichroic lamp, which are available from electrical wholesalers and maybe B&Q, wire it up to your existing fog light wiring and hey presto an neat solution!

Neat, no cutting or drilling involved!

The only drawbacks that I have found are, you need to use heat shrink to cover the plug that goes onto the lamp, you cant use tape as they lamps do get hot if on for a long time. Also you must uses a red coloured glass type lamp, not the filtered reflector type as you get bright orange/yellow light if not viewed straight on.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this is still legal as it is a 20w lamp?

Check the pictures, I need to paint it black yet but as a prototype it seems to work well.
    Attached Files
    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Just been looking at a different light fitting.

Basically a bean tin shape with a lampholder in it. Would be better at keeping the rain / salt / mud off.

When I get one I'll post some more pictures
    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Genius - Have it copyrighted

Sam

Comment

Might make up a diy kit if anyone interested.

Have to check legallity of it first...........Nah sod the rozzers!!!! lol
        I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

It's a better idea than the one on the Lambrover Freeloader,that sticks up above the spare tyre.

Comment

But my Rear Wheel Cover will hide it!!
            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

ive just fitted my third one as its my MOT in the morning, ive no rear mounted spare so im going to get something to fit in the bumper
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Marky have a look here

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/foglight.htm

Possibly could do similar to mine but I like having two reverse lights
                I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

ive got a spare light on my rear clusters so im going to convert it
                  (\__/)
                  (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                    But my Rear Wheel Cover will hide it!!
                    Ive got 2 red lenses where lindas Fog & Reversing lights are so im using those
                    (\__/)
                    (")_(")

Comment

This is what I did. I got one of the DIY fit high level brake lights ( approx £10.00) and fitted it on the top of back bumper, under the spare wheel. It is pretty well standard, except that I used Seek 'n' Seal around all the joints to waterproof it.

I was going to put a link to my original post but it seems to have disappeared/been edited/hit the cutting room floor.
                      Attached Files
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                      X