No announcement yet.

Wiring loom for spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thing is, the ebay item was stated as being rated up to 360w which would be 30AMPs! So the 1.5mm power cable isn't up to the task, and the smaller diameter earth cable is a long way short.

Anyway, I've decided to go and do this properly. I've bought 3 automotive relays, 3 switches, and lots of cable rated to 10AMPs (2x55W is ~9.2AMP). I'm going to wire them up in pairs.

I'm also going to have a word with the ebay seller and let him know that what he's selling isn't up to spec.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Doing It Again

Hi Paul you know i have 4 spots on the roof bar all wired in why have you not looked at mine,at the moment mine are wired through the "Hard/Soft" for the suspesion to a relay and striaght to the battery via 20amp inline fuse you know how often i use mine and i have no problems at all.
      Live Life To The Full

Comment

Some ready made spotlight looms here.....

http://www.powerfuluk.com/Bulbs_and_Wiring.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux View Post
          Hi Paul you know i have 4 spots on the roof bar all wired in why have you not looked at mine,at the moment mine are wired through the "Hard/Soft" for the suspension to a relay and straight to the battery via 20amp in-line fuse you know how often I use mine and I have no problems at all.
          That's pretty much how my current ones are wired up. If I was just swapping lamps it'd be easy. But I'm going from 4 to 6, so the wiring needs to be beefed up a little. My problem was more to do with the wiring loom that I bought - wasn't confident that it was up to the job, and now I'm certain it isn't.
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Some ready made spotlight looms here.....

http://www.powerfuluk.com/Bulbs_and_Wiring.htm
            I've already bought all the bits to make my own (apart from the switches, waiting for some more stock to come in). I should have the lamps fitted this weekend, but might not be until next weekend before they work.
            Paul </Slugsie>
            Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
            X