remote alarm keyfob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote alarm keyfob

Since I have had my '94 4 runner the remote for my factory fitted alarm /immob has not worked even after changing the battery , toyota want a small fortune for a new one and a slightly smaller fortune to re-program it, i have seen remotes for my car on e-bay but not too confident on them working ,can anyone advise or help??
    yours Wade.

Anyone?????

Since I have had my '94 4 runner the remote for my factory fitted alarm /immob has not worked even after changing the battery , toyota want a small fortune for a new one and a slightly smaller fortune to re-program it, i have seen remotes for my car on e-bay but not too confident on them working ,can anyone advise or help??

yours Wade.
    [/QUOTE]

Comment

Had the same problem with mine - initially I changed the micro switch (the one you press to activate/de-activate the alarm) with one I purchased from Maplin Electronics. Then I drove my wife's car over my keys and that well and truly buggered it!! Toyamoto wanted about £50 (ish) for a new one so I ended up having to buy an original button. As for reprogramming it it's easy.I can have a ord with my dealer and find out how to do it (if you get a new one!)
      Try the repacement switch like I did first and then see. If you aren't electronically minded I'll do it for you
      Your choice
      Steve
      Last edited by rusty; 28 March 2004, 20:27. Reason: one glass of wine and my trypings al carp.....
      NO WORRIES!
      Rusty

Comment

Fobbin Ting!!

cool, if you want to email your address to wadey6@msn .com i'll send it up to you, me and fiddly electrics don't mix, I appreciate the assistance steve, let me know about cost and i'll send a cheque also
        your wade.

Comment

Have PM'd you with my address

as for cost. it's 49p...it'll cost more to write, post and cash the cheque
          NO WORRIES!
          Rusty

Comment

Working...
          X