X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakers & Electric Aerial

OKAY, Im New.

Got a 92 2.4 surf ssr-x.

The speakers are rubbish, Got my sony cd/mp3 player in but the sound is not good due to the speakers.

What size speakers fit in the front and back?

Also the electric aerial just went bad. The motor runs but the mast wont go up or down. What could be the problem or where and how much can I get a new one from.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

I just bought a pair of Sony 10cm speakers for the front and they were a direct replacement. £40 from Halfords but I'm sure you could get them cheaper. From looking at the rears they look the same size too.
    Sorry I can't offer any advice about the aerial, except all car audio places sell them.

Cheers,
    Scott.
    Originally posted by MikeSurf
    OKAY, Im New.

Got a 92 2.4 surf ssr-x.

The speakers are rubbish, Got my sony cd/mp3 player in but the sound is not good due to the speakers.

Also the electric aerial just went bad. The motor runs but the mast wont go up or down. What could be the problem or where and how much can I get a new one from.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Comment

OKAY, Im New.

Got a 92 2.4 surf ssr-x.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
      Read this before you bin the stock speakers if they are not blown.
      http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/Forums/sho...hlight=speaker
      Found it using the search last night as I was thinking of new front's myself.
      Pete

Comment

Thank-You

Thanks for the advice, I think one of the fronts is dead, It sounds flappy.

Seeing as the 10cm speakers are a direct fit I will hunt some out and fit them with some sound proofing. Then I'll take a closer look at the back ones.

Thanks again.

Comment

Another Question

When you talk about sound proofing, Would loft insulation type stuff work?

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Thanks

Mike
            Hi,

I changed my speakers for JBL's, sounds great now. The speakers in mine were housed in base boxs which already had sound proofing in them. I kept the box's and put the replacement speakers straight into them. The sound is great now and I am really pleased. Also put in a small amp with 2 extra speakers up in the rear roof (suspended in self mounting box's).

Mikey D

Comment

Thanks

Mike

Something like Dynamat is best.

Where in the town are you??
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

I live in Chertsey Rise, Shephall.

Mike B

Comment

Thanks

Mike
                  the stuff to use is like black rubber sticky stuff... you can get it in sheets (brown bread, dynamat etc.) or a spray... but, if you pop down to your local car body shop, you cna buy sheets of sound deadening material which they use to put inside doors etc... mucho cheapo!
                  nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

OKAY, Im New.

Got a 92 2.4 surf ssr-x.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
                    I think the electric aerial has been covered before on this forum ie. how to install a new mast, which can be purchased from a toyota dealer. Do a search you should come up with the instructions somewhere!

Cheers
                    Neil
                    www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

Right, After looking at all the info, I called Milners and they can supply the mast at 26 plus Tony Added Tax.

Now you guys say to remove the funny bolt thing at the bas of the ariel just above the outer skin of the wing, OK when I do that will the whole ariel just drop down out of the wing, Do I have to take the wheel arch cover out to do this or can I carry out the fix from the outside.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

another question, does the replacement mast come with the complete toothed belt?
                        [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Working...
                        X