new electrical aerial mast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new electrical aerial mast

ok my has just came from milner off road can some one out there give my any tips on how to fit it as this the first time that that i have had an aerial snap on me and is it pos to wire in a switch in line so when i am off road i can drop the aerial down as i have a rubber duck aerial on the top of the corner of the n/s/f bumper and the coax is spliced so i can sill get some sounds when off roading

no fitting manule came with the new part
    S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

To fit it...
    undo as many fasteners on the arch liner as yo have to, to get to the motor, its held in place by one 10mm bolt and the nut where the Ariel comes through the wing. take the whole shooting match out, and take the cover off. (3 screws) then you can fish out the broken off bit that moves the Ariel. then reassemble without putting the new ariel in.
    If the old ariel came out whole, (that is if the metal ariel broke rather than the plastic liner that moves it up and down) then disregard all that, just undo the big nut that holds the Ariel to the wing, turn the radio on and it will wind the old ariel out. notice which way the teeth on the drive face...
    Take the new ariel, push the drive down into the hole, turn the radio off, and it will wind the drive into place, quite quickly....
    (You might want an assistant to be turn the radio on and off)
    then put the big nut back on the top, job done.
    Don't know nuffin about no switches....
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
      To fit it...
      undo as many fasteners on the arch liner as yo have to, to get to the motor, its held in place by one 10mm bolt and the nut where the Ariel comes through the wing. take the whole shooting match out, and take the cover off. (3 screws) then you can fish out the broken off bit that moves the Ariel. then reassemble without putting the new ariel in.
      If the old ariel came out whole, (that is if the metal ariel broke rather than the plastic liner that moves it up and down) then disregard all that, just undo the big nut that holds the Ariel to the wing, turn the radio on and it will wind the old ariel out. notice which way the teeth on the drive face...
      Take the new ariel, push the drive down into the hole, turn the radio off, and it will wind the drive into place, quite quickly....
      (You might want an assistant to be turn the radio on and off)
      then put the big nut back on the top, job done.
      Don't know nuffin about no switches....
      thanks for the swift reply m8
      S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

just mind your fingers when the new ariel goes in...
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
        X