Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window knackered

Well its finally buggered!!

For the last month the boot window has slowly been getting worse. getting slow and struggling to go up, to the extent that it would stop halfway and would only get to the top with me pulling the glass up to help.

So i too the inner cover off and wd40'd everything! then it was as fast as lightening, but it strangly stuttered. It would move 2", pause, then another 2" and so on until it got to the top.

Unfortunatly this didn't last, i was back to it slowing and me having to pull it up as best i could.

So yesterday i did the wise thing and bought some silicom spray (and will now also buy some rubber spray stuff), went to do it today and it won't come down at all!!

So i crawled into the boot and took the panel off again, but had not joy budging it whatsoever.

When i push the button to bring it down nothing happens. If i push it to go up, the amp's lower as if the motor is indeed pushing (but as its all the way up it doesn't move), but on the down stroke there's nothing at all. Plus i can't get it down manually which is most annoying!

My next port of call was to have a look in the passenger door, but the motor's already been pilfered from that (so i guess its the one now in the boot).

Any idea's? Is the motor finally shafted? where can i buy a replacement, and more importantly how much?? I need this fixing urgently cos the dogs are gonna start missing their nice walks at the farm.

cheers,

Martin
    Just trying to raise my postcount!

Breakers yard, pretty much any toyota passenger side motor of a similar age will fit straight in. Driver's side will fit upside down with a bit of jiggling around. Price - £15 or thereabouts i would think. Although new they are around £150 from a main dealer.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Recon you need to take the motor out and self tap the cog inside back together....I will try to find the link for you

Mark

Originally posted by B16mts View Post
      Well its finally buggered!!

For the last month the boot window has slowly been getting worse. getting slow and struggling to go up, to the extent that it would stop halfway and would only get to the top with me pulling the glass up to help.

So i too the inner cover off and wd40'd everything! then it was as fast as lightening, but it strangly stuttered. It would move 2", pause, then another 2" and so on until it got to the top.

Unfortunatly this didn't last, i was back to it slowing and me having to pull it up as best i could.

So yesterday i did the wise thing and bought some silicom spray (and will now also buy some rubber spray stuff), went to do it today and it won't come down at all!!

So i crawled into the boot and took the panel off again, but had not joy budging it whatsoever.

When i push the button to bring it down nothing happens. If i push it to go up, the amp's lower as if the motor is indeed pushing (but as its all the way up it doesn't move), but on the down stroke there's nothing at all. Plus i can't get it down manually which is most annoying!

My next port of call was to have a look in the passenger door, but the motor's already been pilfered from that (so i guess its the one now in the boot).

Any idea's? Is the motor finally shafted? where can i buy a replacement, and more importantly how much?? I need this fixing urgently cos the dogs are gonna start missing their nice walks at the farm.

cheers,

Martin

Comment

http://forums.bauchan.org/portal/viewarticles.php?rid=0

Comment

Just to muddy the water.

when i hopped in to go to work this morning, i thought i'd try the button again, and hey presto it went down!!

its still very jolty and not happy, but working again for now.

think i'll give it a good lube and hunt for a new assembly.

Will the silicon spray i have do the lot, including the rubbers, or am i best getting some of the stuff from halfrauds too?

Martin
          Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

I used some of this on the window rubbers when my rear window started to run slowly. Been working perfectly ever since.
            Paul </Slugsie>
            Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
            X