Switch panel drivers door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch panel drivers door

Help needed,last night took the panel indoors to clean and grease the switches,problem is it got knocked on the floor whilst apart,managed to find all the bits,reassembled everything,all the switches work ok but I have three small springs left over and no idea where they are supposed to go.They are two silver coil springs and one black one with a long (arm,leg) on one end and a short one on the other,any help gratefully received as I spent three hours last night trying to work out where the *+^" they are supposed to go.
    I swear to drunk I`m not God.

Hope this helps ya, it's been a while since i did this and i just added the lines/text so hope it's right, the coil springs sit on small round tabs if i remember correctly, the black one sounds like it's one of the drivers auto/manual contacts, mine were burnt to hell as you can see,
    Attached Files
    Last edited by POPEYE; 20 February 2008, 19:43.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Thanks for the picture,looks like I should have five silver springs but only got two,still dont know where the black one goes,thanks anyway,is there anyone else with any ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by daithediver View Post
        Thanks for the picture,looks like I should have five silver springs but only got two,still dont know where the black one goes,thanks anyway,is there anyone else with any ideas.
        i have got the drivers door pull with all the switches still in it if you want to make me an offer on it.If you want it and pay tonight it'll be in the post 1st thing in the morning
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks for the offer but every thing is working fine,even without the springs inplace,but they must be in there for a reason,just couldn`t workout where they went.

Comment

I think the springs pass current between the top and copper buss bars,
            also think i got my old one somewhere, if your in no rush and i can find it i'll strip it and have a look, dont hold your breath tho

Ahahha just remembered, pretty sure the springs pass current to the top cover andfeed the led lights on there, (which are a waste of time anyway, as they are so dim)
            Last edited by POPEYE; 20 February 2008, 21:20.

Comment

That makes sense now, maybe but them back in tomorrow,thanks alot.By the way Ihave got Popeye the sailorman as my ringtone on mobile,do you want it or got it already???

Comment

Originally posted by daithediver View Post
                That makes sense now, maybe but them back in tomorrow,thanks alot.By the way Ihave got Popeye the sailorman as my ringtone on mobile,do you want it or got it already???

I would'nt know how to "install" it, i'm totaly lost with stuff like that, long as i can order my curry on it thanks anyway mate,

ps while you have it stripped why dont you replace the led's with ultrabrights,
                thats the reason i know where the springs go, i'll add a pic (if i can bl00dy find it)
                Attached Files

Comment

What are ultrabrights ??? Not very up on lectrics,as for the other thing see if I can find out how to do it if you want.

Comment

3mm bright L.E.D's, replaceing the dim green one thats already there, you have to remove the three small circuit board in the top cover and desolder em and fefit with new ones, just make sure you place them in the same way round as the old one's, (look at the way the filament is faceing) and thats it,

Re popeye ring tone i'll get my son to se if he can get it for me, he's into mobiles

Comment

Thanks for the info,have a mate who`s into LED`S ,was going to see my daughter whow`s the technophile here,its all double dutch to me,still use hammer/chisel and slate myself.THANKS Again for help.

Comment

Have now refitted all the springs,thanks popeye,also the black spring goes on the front side of the window lock switch.

Comment

Working...
                        X