The Pit Knackered My Electrics !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pit Knackered My Electrics !!

Had a brilliant first time at the pit until i got a little too adventurus and decided to head into the second lake instead of turning right up the slope.splosh 3-4 foot of water and had to be dragged out by a landy(the shame of it)it twisted up a couple of belts which i have now replaced,but the dash warning lights and buzzer(all of em)stay on until i hit 2500 rpm when they go out and all seems fine ??
    Do i just need to let the whole thing dry out a bit longer or have i buggered something up somwhere. ?????
    gratefull for any advice. Paul.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by PabloO
    Had a brilliant first time at the pit until i got a little too adventurus and decided to head into the second lake instead of turning right up the slope.splosh 3-4 foot of water and had to be dragged out by a landy(the shame of it)it twisted up a couple of belts which i have now replaced,but the dash warning lights and buzzer(all of em)stay on until i hit 2500 rpm when they go out and all seems fine ??
    Do i just need to let the whole thing dry out a bit longer or have i buggered something up somwhere. ?????
    gratefull for any advice. Paul.
    Paul.

Let it dry out, you will have got water in the alternator which causes all those lights to come on. If it doesn't sort it out soon, you may need to remove the alternator and let it dry out off the car.

Cheers

Comment

cheers mate !!!

Comment

well turns out ive knackered it
        stator,regulator ?,brushes the lot
        £150 ish to sort it.
        still well worth it for the best day out ive had in years !!
        and my bro who came with me is now on the search for a surf,seems he's caught the bug
        i still cant believe how well the surfs perform,seem to be the best standard 4 x 4 around judging by what we saw at the pit.
        do i get a prize for the dirtiest surf there ????

Comment

Originally posted by PabloO
          do i get a prize for the dirtiest surf there ????

No you just get the biggest clean up job
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Working...
          X