Speedo Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo Sensor

Hi I posted the below thread on Saturday, haven't received any replies, now thinking of trying a replacement speed sensor, can anyone tell me if a 1992 2.4 will use the same sensor? I am waiting for them to confirm if it is electrical or mechanical but assuming it is the former will it work in my 93 3Ltr?

Many thanks
    Andy

The speedo on my 3.0 surf has stopped working, I did a search on the forum and found the diagnostic info, however if I link out terminals e1 and w the check lamp does not switch on, any ideas?
    (the speedo face has been changed, no converter fitted)

Please help

if it's a gearbox related problem ( such as the speed sensor) it should be the AT/P light that flashes i think?

Could be the bulb gone, put the transfer lever into neutral and the gear selector in P and see if the AT/P light comes on. If it doesn't could it be the bulb has gone?
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Thanks for the reply, sorry probably didn't explain very well, the OD bulb is flashing but I can't make it flash once put in diagnostic mode.

Thanks though

Think I'm going to try a 2nd hand sensor but still not sure if this 2.4 will do - anybody git any ideas?

Comment

i think its worth a try if they look the same ,has it def not got a converter on it these always play up.
        JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy1066 View Post
          Thanks for the reply, sorry probably didn't explain very well, the OD bulb is flashing but I can't make it flash once put in diagnostic mode.

Thanks though

Think I'm going to try a 2nd hand sensor but still not sure if this 2.4 will do - anybody git any ideas?
          have tried a couple of 2.4's in my 3.0 [did'nt work] might be a prob else where though,shows up 42 on code
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

8/91 - 8/94 KZN, VZN and LN130 speedo sensor are all the same. 8/94 - 11/95 KZN130 is also the same part number. 83181-12020

Nev

Comment

Thanks NiftyNev I give a 2.4 sensor ago.

Lord Lucan – I’ve checked all round the back of the dials and cannot find anything that looks like a converter, a friend of mine had the same problem with his but his dials were different, e.g the outside units on mine are MPH whereas on his it was KPH, it does look like the dials had been changed but I just assumed that whoever did it must have done a good job.

Is the converter likely to be anywhere else other than behind the dash?

Comment

Working...
              X