rear window key switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window key switch

hi all surfers got a big problem with rear window works fine with inside switch but only goes up with key not down .:any help will be appreciated

Originally posted by electric blue View Post
    hi all surfers got a big problem with rear window works fine with inside switch but only goes up with key not down .:any help will be appreciated
    Possibilities are.....

Wire broken in the loom where it passes through the plastic conduit, near the hinge from body to tailgate.
    Corrosion on the key switch terminals.
    Dirty contacts inside the key switch.

Comment

key switch

hi vince i took the key switch apart and noticed that a bit of the silver contact seems to be missing i dont no if it is ment to be like that and if it is where can i buy one help would be appreciated:
      Last edited by electric blue; 21 January 2008, 13:02.

Comment

Originally posted by electric blue View Post
        hi vince i took the key switch apart and noticed that a bit of the silver contact seems to be missing i dont no if it is ment to be like that and if it is where can i buy one help would be appreciated:
        I had a similar problem on my 2.4. I used a multimeter on the keyswitch and it gave a good contact for both the up and down positions. I then did the same for the wiring back to the control box (behind the left hand cubby hole in the boot) and found a break in the wire. Ran a new length alongside the loom, and all was well.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

thanks for that i,ll have a look when the rain stops

Comment

Working...
          X