conneted jumpleads wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conneted jumpleads wrong

i hope someone might be able to help me in my confusion i conneted my jumpleads wrongly to my surf and have i think blown a fuse to my central locking i think. it locks ok when i am in it with my ignition on but not on the door key can anyone help me .. i dont know where the fuse is i am a fool to have made this mistake .. Gary

Give us a clue as to which truck you have, year, engine, CC,fuel type?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Give us a clue as to which truck you have, year, engine, CC,fuel type?
      sorry about that its a 1993 hilux surf 3.ltr turbo diesel ... ssrx 3.0 limated

Comment

I think you got off light mate... I'v heard all sorts of horror stories about incorrect connection of batteries and vehicle electronics..
        I don't have any Surf wiring diagrams but at a guess, the central locking seems ok,(if it works when your ignition is on) it might be a micro switch in the door that the key lock operates... at a guess

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Been trying to resist, but.......... muppet.

Fuses are either under the bonnet or in the driver side footwell, behind the kick panel.

Personally, I'd agree with Vultch, however. If it was a blown fuse, it's unlikely it would be partially working, unless they use some esoteric setup. I'd check door loom or switches.

Comment

Working...
          X