No DIPPED HEAD LIGHTS 1993 3 LTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No DIPPED HEAD LIGHTS 1993 3 LTR

Hi, my front lights are playing me up. Ive got high beem on both sides ok, but no dipped lights. Ive checked the fuses and they seem fine, ive changed the bulbs so they are ok to. One thing i have noticed is a CLICK sound from the relay box which is marked lights under the bonnet, only when i turn the light stork for the dipped lights, should this relay make the CLICK or is that my problem and if so wheres the best place to get one. Any help with this would be great. Thanks, Dave.

The relay should click as you switch, but it still may be a faulty relay...(if your lucky its a quick fix ..a new relay). ..If you know which relay it is...they just pull out...dare I say it halfrauds...over priced but handy...
    Last edited by Vultch; 4 January 2008, 00:03.

Back in the day Baby

Comment

That click is normal, and to me suggests the switch itself is ok which was going to be my suggestion. Have you checked the fuses in both fuseboxes?

I'm pretty sure there's headlight fuse(s) in the one in the drivers footwell aswell as the one under the bonnet.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

it will be the stalk,off to parts for sale section with u !!!

Comment

Still no dipped headlights!!

Hi guys... thanks for the advice - have done a few checks... not the bulbs, not the fuses and have tested the relay on a nother motor - works fine on there... so this means it must be the stalk? anyone selling one at the moment? thanks again for the advice so far - god only knows i need it!!

Comment

No dipped headlamp

Hey RideRough,

Did you find a solution? I also have the same problem. Initially I found that sort of pushing the end of the stalk actually got everything working again, like a loose contact, but after a while it just "broke" again. So it would seem like the stalk is bad..... however, I can hear the relay click when I change the position of the stalk so does that mean the stalk must be good or could still be dodgy?

As with all these things in Brazil, getting a stalk will be tricky and taking it apart to try and fix with my bodging fingers, might be fatal. Not that I'm sure it's connected but the headlamp relay gave me a little shock when I touched the case the other day.

Cheers,
            Jon

Comment

Working...
            X