Glow plugs, fuses and thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow plugs, fuses and thanks

Many thanks to all who have contributed to this forum for absolutely anything to do with glow plugs and poor starting.
    18 months ago, following a small trek through France with a leaky radiator, the head of my 2.4 decided too hot was hot enough and died.
    A phone call to Stevo and the transfer of cash to a numbered swiss account saw a new head arrive and duly get fitted. I was so chuffed I never thought anything else was wrong.
    Last winter, ma Bete Noire (thats black beast) started but oh so sluggishly. It was fine through the rest of the year. This winter, it began again and I thought I'd better get it sorted. Last sunday, I set about removing the glow plugs that I had installed when I swapped the head, because they were [I]obviously[I] knackered.
    On removing the plugs I found that they looked ok. Then the small bell began ringing at the back of my head. 5 seconds later I checked the 80A fuse and found the source of my prob. 10mins later I discovered that I'd rebuilt the glow plug rail common connector and associated insulation wrongly.
    If I hadn't looked on here first to see what could be causing starting probs I might have wasted my hard-earned on plugs that didn't need changing (cos they'd never been used) and would have been banging my head against a wall.
    Once again, many thanks to all before me, and a happy new year to all.
    Keep your friends close and a hammer closer
Working...
X