Dead starter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead starter?

The starter on my 2nd Gen 3.0l Surf seems to be dead. There is power in the batteries - all the other electricial equipments works fine, but when I try to turn in over the starter does not turn - no clicks or anything.

Any ideas??

Cheers,

Paul

make sure its not in gear, if its not push the shift right forward to engage the switch. if that dont work then the starter is fubared
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by paulc
      The starter on my 2nd Gen 3.0l Surf seems to be dead. There is power in the batteries - all the other electricial equipments works fine, but when I try to turn in over the starter does not turn - no clicks or anything.

Any ideas??

Cheers,

Paul
      Roughtrax do a repair kit for £35 remove the starter bolts in through the nearside wheel arch unbolt the fule filter and move it to one side to make room to remove the starter. The starter will need a bit of twisting and turning to get it up and out I would also unbolt the tranny dip stick mount.
      The top rear mounting bolt is the only annoying part of this fix once out it takes 5min to fit the repair kit
      Brian

Comment

have you checked the connections are tight postive and neg, and the neg from bat to truck

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
          make sure its not in gear, if its not push the shift right forward to engage the switch. if that dont work then the starter is fubared
          what an idiot I am!

Left it in gear - spend a hour checking fuses, connections etc.

Thanks for your posted - I'd have wasted all day on it otherwise!

Have good Christmas all

Comment

Congrats on your IOTW win soon to be.
            Brian

Comment

IOTY more like it

Comment

Originally posted by paulc
                IOTY more like it
                That will be up to Boyo, but you will have a year to sweat on winning it
                Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
                X